SanDimas Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanDimas Pickup

I just took apart my 86 SD strat and I found a Seymour Duncan JBJ pickup in it (Humbucker). I've looked around and I cannot find anything about this one--probally discontinued year ago. I really like the sound of it and I would like to use the same pickup in a different guitar. Does anyone have any info on these pickups?

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: SanDimas Pickup

I think that is the same as a JB. If I remember correctly I have one marked JBJ as well.

I am sure someone here will know for sure...

Comment

The first two letters are the pickup, the third is the initial of the person who wound it. First or last name, I have no idea.
      J's are older pickups and period correct. I think they do sound better, maybe because they've aged a tad. J wound Customs are awesome as well and sound better to me than newer ones. YMMV.

Comment

if you like the sounds of the older pups it's because the magnet has weakened a tad over the years for a little less bite and more of a buttery sound, at least that's what i was told

jon

Comment

Thats a great pickup keep it in there it should be the original.The older a pickup gets the less magnetic pull it has and IMO the better they sound.I have an OLD DiMarzio double creme SD and it is by far the best distortion class pickup I've got.Very warm.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I agree that old Dimarzio's sound great, I have not bought a brand new PU in years.
            I got in on a music store that was going out of business in '89 and bought (6) dimarzio PAF Pro PU's for a hundred bucks. I have 2 black ones in guitars, and (2) bright pink ones in a box somewhere. The others got sold off sometime.

Comment

Yeah the old stuff is cool with me.I buy a lot old stuff at flea mkts and music stores. Boxes of parts and things they call junk.
              I've got 2 Jim Rolph (Mick Mars) humbuckers that are dated 87 that were made for MM and never delivered that smoke. Big fat tone and are the cleanest sounding pickup when overdriven,very dr feelgood tone wise.I put them in an early 80s fernandes (strat headstock)with a non fine tuner Floyd.This is the coolest fernandes I've ever had.The early 80s fernandes guitars are built like a tank.The pickup cavities are sealed with the non conductive paint as well as the electronics cavity.Very high quality guitar.The weird thing its a 24 fretter.I contacted fernandes and they want a photo for their arcives. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

AHHHH Fernandes.....another in the line of "We Got Sued by Fender".

Who will be the next victim???

Comment

At least it won't be Charvel/Jackson this time [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey KDP did you sell the Lynch ESP? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not an ESP, but I still have it.
                      I usually regret getting rid of stuff, once it's gone, I want it back... Kinda like stripper girlfriends!

Comment

Working...
                      X