New Here!!!!Have a few sd to ID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here!!!!Have a few sd to ID...

first off hello to all jackson & charvel brothers!!!!!!
    I have a couple of san dimas guitars that I need you guys to help figure out???

<<<pix here>>>

First up a 7-up color with pointy headstock gold label? American/overseas reissue???
    6 digit serial number on neck plate I won this on ebay and let me say it was not represented as a san dimas just an 80's metal guitar predator??
    But what got my eye was the gold charvel label??
    Next up a jackson graphic guitar with a san dimas neck plate # 6631 I thought anything above 5492??
    was a fake?? I bought both guitars for $250.00 a piece so maybe I did not get hurt to bad.
    On the plate on the back of the jackson graphics it says custom made for in 1990 would that make this an ontario guitar and maybe somebody had a san dimas plate added??
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks,
    Tony

Re: New Here!!!!Have a few sd to ID...

well, the green one is a parts guitar assembled by one of our members here. his name is jgcable, and he was just lamenting its loss not long ago.

can't help ya on the others.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

5492 applies to charvel, not Jackson. For Jackson anything higher than 1505 was made in Ontario with a leftover SD plate. That's a cool Jackson, great score on the 2 especially for 250.00! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I really love the Soloist, I love beat guitars. Can I have it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
        jsullysix being a parts guitar is the body a japan
        and the neck usa? or both japan parts?
        ManyAxes sorry I will have to keep it I bought it in 1986 from the original owner its a pretty old one serial j1528
        when I got it was perfect condition but I have beat the hell out of it over years!!shame on me!!
        Snapped the headstock partially off during a Geffen record showcase in the early-mid 90's
        I need to get in touch w/ gmw and see what a refinish would cost to put it back into shape??
        or should I leave it alone??
        Thanks for the reply!!

Comment

ManyAxes,
          I had a local luthier fix the guitar in the 90's great job I have had no problems at all with the guitar stability.Yep it has the mojo no matter what I did to it it just kept on cranking out!!!
          Thanks again for the replies.
          Tony

[ January 03, 2004, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: charveljunkie ]

Comment

I would send GMW the Soloist. They use the same finish and stuff, so it is worth sending out and having fixed up.

Did someone put later pickup rings on it? They look like the post '86 wide type.

Comment

i recognize the "cursing" jackson...cool guitar...i think it was in atlanta for a little while but i couldn't raise the money (it was more than what you paid)...you got really lucky scoring it for 250...and that red soloist looks suspiciously like tony waters' soloist...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Jim,
                Do you have a number and a contact for gmw?
                When I bought the guitar in 86 I was told thats the way he ordered it??I doubt it?? Black tuning keys/gold floyd?? Maybe
                I would like to find out what it came with I believe it had a black floyd on it
                as far as the p/u rings thats what was on it
                I'am in need of a metal switch tip and correct truss rod cover if anybody has them for sale
                Thanks

Comment

d.m.
                  yep you guessed it damn you have a helluva memory
                  It is tony waters now thats a trip!!!
                  speaking of trips are you going to see sevendust tonight at the tab?
                  if you are pm me and we will hook up!!!!!
                  got the jackson from dirt cheep said stevie traded it in????

Comment

stevie...haven't heard that name in forever...does jeff rodenbaugh ring a bell too? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.

and guys...tony's a great guy...ive run into him numerous times throughout the years in marietta...he's been playing jacksons for a long time and he's a helluvae player to boot...
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Here is a link to GMW.

Lee will have the truss rod covers, but I am unsure about the switch tips. Those are the hardest Jackson part for me to find, followed by the earlier brushed aluminum jackplates.

Comment

this may be of some help on the green one... if not, send a pm to jgcable, he can be of more info...

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=11;t=001486

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think the body and neck are Jap! As far as the 85' soloist I think it has alot of vibe and mojo, you might kill all that by getting it refinned. I've sold guitars because they were TOO clean and had no personality! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Depending on how bad the headstock is I'd probably get that fixed though. Scratches and vibe is one thing for me but broken is another...Gmw will do a great job and you won't be sorry! I've got a Jake and it is KILLER! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Aren't u from Germany?
                            I have seen your gear pics from CAE message board.
                            [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Jim,
                              I will get in touch with them monday or tuesday
                              Dinkyjacksonman I do post on the CAE board but I
                              live in Atlanta,Georgia
                              TCS great talking to you again boy its been awhile!!!!I give you a call later and let you know about the sevendust show lastnight...
                              they where gettin it

Comment

Working...
                              X