can someone please tell me something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone please tell me something

all i want to know is what the charvel neck is like??? is it like an ibanez or fender?? or esp?? can you please tell me thanks apreciat it.

Re: can someone please tell me something

Well that depends on which Charvel you are talking about.The USA Charvels with the strat head necks are nice more fender like but wider with a flatter radius.The pionty headstocks still have a fairly flat radius (12-15 degree)but a slimmer neck profile.The import Charvels vary the model 5 and 6 are neck thru and some have a fairly thick neck kinda les paulish and some are thinner.The bolt on models 1,2,3,4,7 are more like the usa jackson and charvels of the 80s.The 90s jackson and charvels have a lot thinner neck that are IMO much faster and more comfortable than the ibanez wizard necks because they are not as wide.No matter which Jackson or Charvel you pick up aside from the PC-1 they feel better than any thing else out there.The usa PC-1 has a baseball bat for a neck I didn't care for it.I did have an early RR(ontario)that had the biggest neck I'd ever seen,it made an SRV fender neck look small.It had to go. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What Richard said.

If the numbers don't help you think of it this way: A Charvel neck will vary from model year and whether it's USA or import. For the most part the necks themselves are a bit thinner than a Fender Strat neck, and a bit thicker than an Ibanez wizard neck. From the guitars I've played the Fender fretboard is a bit rounder than a Charvel, but not quite as flat as an Ibanez. I haven't bothered to play an ESP so I don't know about them.

I hope that helps,
      Joe

Comment

hey thanks dudes so i need to knwo what a new USA modle a charvel neck is like thanks

Comment

I've not played a new USA model A so I can't say for sure.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Richard what did you do with that Rhoads? I must own it!

Comment

Richard,
              I've had an SRV Strat since 94 I believe and I never thought the neck was overly large. I hate really big, chunky necks so I would notice if it was too big. DO you know if their necks were all the same or if maybe I got lucky and bought one with an unusually thin neck?

Comment

The Charvel Model A is made in Japan not USA.

Comment

Working...
                X