Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/511800/

FYI, note the "availability" date. Not that MF has ever been particularly accurate in that department. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Just thought ya'd want to know.

I'm sure my JCF bros know better for themselves, but I was amused by the typical "Fiend" discount off list, too. I suspect they'll be sitting on a few of these for a while, at that price. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: For those with 25th Anv. Charvel orders...

Thats for sure!! That's one over priced Fender! LOL

Comment

Well, in fairness to Musician's Fiend, that's probably the MAP. (...I'm assuming it also applies to limited editions like this.) But, then again, the MF and GC phone and floor 'bots that will actually sell them won't likely budge off the MAP anyway. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And, you're certainly entitled to your view but, IMHO, the "Fender" thing got old a long time ago. No offense intended.

Comment

yeah, its a nice piece of firewood to hang on your wall, but can;t you get a nicer handmade, custom to-your-specs, GMW for that much?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
          And, you're certainly entitled to your view but, IMHO, the "Fender" thing got old a long time ago. No offense intended.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you on that Pat!
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shreddermon:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you on that Pat! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ohhhhhhh no offense taken at all. I didn't realize it was a big deal to state that! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not a big deal, but it's done so often and blindly that it's becoming a nuisance. It's already been stated, ad-nauseum, that some of you are not happy about the Fender purchase of Jackson Charvel. Great, fine, dandy, perfect, beautimus, stupendous, thuuuuperrrr.... But it seems that some of you are throwing it in the faces of those of us who believe that there are some good things coming from this purchase.

If it's a joke then please realize that it's run its course and isn't funny anymore. It's kinda like your nephew always telling the same damn knock-knock joke that wasn't funny the first 150,000 times and you're to the point where you tell him to shut the hell up or you're gonna lock him in a closet upside-down.

Again, I'm not anti-Fender, nor am I pro-Fender, but I am pro Jackson/Charvel. Think about it, if FMIC hadn't stepped in you think that they'd still be viable today or any time in the next few years? Do you honestly believe Mustaine and his "investors" would have made a difference? Puh-leez! I'm sure Dave can be a nice guy when he gets what he wants, but I don't believe for a New York minute that he knows more about running a guitar company than the folks at FMIC.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

TEKKY very well said!!!!
                You also have to think about this?? .
                Everyone who loves charvels wanted Jackson to make/produce a new strathead [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and they could not because of fender now that fender owns them, for some of us we can get a New Charvel strathead made in the same way the did in the San Dimas era [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Only time will tell and will have see what is next ...

I also seen that date at MF and they are due the first quater of 2004.

Comment

Guys, That's fine and I understand what you're saying! If people want to spend 3k for what they think is a TRUE CHARVEL then that's cool. Let them go for it.

I think Fender is trying to bring back the what Charvel had back in the day. It wont happen at the prices they are asking, & those guitars from Fender will never be what Charvel was. I'm not knocking Fender, they are a great & smart company but let's face the true facts here, I personally think someone would be kind of stupid to go spend 3k [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] when they can go to GMW and get that same guitar for half the price! JMO and everyone has one!

Comment

The way I look at it: That's a whole lot of moolah to spring on a Squier contemprary Strat [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Model 3
                    Model 5A
                    Model 3B
                    Journeyman
                    Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

IMO, Fender sucks! I sent a SL2 JACKSON back under warranty three times for a neck problem and their still jacking me off. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Their customer service sucks! Just my two cents.
                      B [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy Controversy Batman!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Chuckracer, How about posting what you posted on Charvel Central about these Aniversary Strats....err Charvels

Made by Fender? Made in Fender's Custom Shop before the C/J shop was up and running?????

Comment

The word I heard, straight from the mouth of someone high enough up in the company to know, is the 25th Anniversary Charvels are completed, there were orders for 92 and 100 were built, and they were made in the Fender Custom Shop as C/Js wasn't up and running yet.

I have nothing to gain by making this up and my source has nothing to gain by lying (but everything to lose by telling me this I'd asume.)

Comment

So, that's why they want so much for them!
                            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                              The word I heard, straight from the mouth of someone high enough up in the company to know, is the 25th Anniversary Charvels are completed, there were orders for 92 and 100 were built, and they were made in the Fender Custom Shop as C/Js wasn't up and running yet.

I have nothing to gain by making this up and my source has nothing to gain by lying (but everything to lose by telling me this I'd asume.)
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chuck, It doesn't surprise me one bit that they were made in the Fender Custom Shop. Now that Fender bought Jackson it's just a matter of time before Jackson guitars are put on the back burner, just like they did when they bought out Guild Guitar Co. Let's face it...Fender wants to capitalize & push on their own name! I'm real anxious to see what fender markings if any will be on the Anniversary guitar! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X