Charvel ??? Need help determining things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ??? Need help determining things

I just purchased a Charvel made in usa neckthru guitar. I need help determining what model it is and what pickups originally came with it. It has one hum in the bridge and one slanted single coil in the neck. The serial number is C902288. Someone changed both pickups and I would like to put it back to original. It has a 5 way switch, is that original? All hardware is gold as well as the Charvel logo. I also need one of the black string locks on the trem that locks the string in. It is different from all my floyds in that it is thicker and has the indented hole in the middle instead of being offset. Any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Charvel ??? Need help determining things

based on serial alone I would say its a japanese model... I sort of lost track of all the japanese made ones after the early model series - which i love.... got any picks? it could be a 675 or 750xl or somthing

anyone else got a guess? where is doc dryer when you need him?

Comment

It says made in u.s.a. under the Charvel logo on the headstock. Could it still be made in Japan? How do I put pics up? Did you ever see a Floyd with set screws like on a strat, everything else is exactly like a floyd, but there are 2 set screws for height adjustment on each string holder.

Comment

There's no such thing as a USA neckthru Charvel. It's a Japanese Charvel with a re-done and re-loged headstock.

Comment

...Allparts (or WD, or somebody [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] )made height-adjustable replacement saddles for Floyds once upon a time. A friend of mine hooked me up with a set, haven't tried them yet. I think they only work on OFR's and the near-identical knockoffs...

Comment

They also appeared on the double locking Charvette trems. I just gave Chuck a set of those very saddles.

Comment

Working...
            X