Shipping advice for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping advice for...

an amp head. I may be selling one of my Blue Voodoo's, and I've never shipped a head before. Basically, what the hell do I ship it in! Also, average shipping price? Going to Canuduh. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Thanks, Paul
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: Shipping advice for...

Make sure you use a box big enough to pad the head all the way around. You also want to use enough padding to stabilize it inside the box. Make sure you take pics of the packaging process, along with the finished box. That's for insurance purposes in case it gets damaged.

Comment

A road case? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm getting ready to ship an amp head also. The last one I recieved was packed all around and padded pretty well. I shipped a tube Ampeg V-4B last year (and that one had many tubes) padded well around, like 3 inches and didn't have problems. Splawn ships his amps with the tubes out and individually wrapped and placed inside the head. I don't know if that would be necessary, but he may know better. Pics sounds like a good thing too!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks guys, what on average can I expect as far as shipping? The guy interested is in Canada as well, so he's concerned about the cost...
        Hear the universe scream
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

I shipped from Texas to Michigan 60 lbs UPS Ground, finish packed by a UPS Store and it was around $50. That was the V4-B, which is a very heavy amp. I used to hate carrying that one around it felt like the carrying handle was going to rip out any minute! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I believe the Canada shipments are very similar to the lower 48 in cost. It just takes a few days longer to make in there depending on Province.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

if you're shipping to canada PLEASE DO NOT USE UPS

we incurr HUGE COD's up here.. i boguht a set of pistons for a 454 BBC on eBay and they came UPS and we paid 100$ canadian COD for them!!! that was AFTER a $50 shipping cange in the first place. It was stilla goodd eal though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Use USPS priority mail.. theres no COD's with that.

Comment

thank you guys...
              Hear the universe scream
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                if you're shipping to canada PLEASE DO NOT USE UPS

we incurr HUGE COD's up here.. i boguht a set of pistons for a 454 BBC on eBay and they came UPS and we paid 100$ canadian COD for them!!! that was AFTER a $50 shipping cange in the first place. It was stilla goodd eal though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Use USPS priority mail.. theres no COD's with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I sold some poor woman an item, on Ebay, and she had to pay another $50, in b.s. fees, once it came over the border, to her house. I felt real bad. Live and learn, I guess.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                X