I don't know what I'm seeing here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what I'm seeing here...

It hurts my eyes, but if it's not a Jackson, then someone went to a fair amount of trouble to make it look like one. Never seen anything like it.
    sigpic

Re: I don\'t know what I\'m seeing here...

It is a Jackson. It's been modded (pickguard added and trussrod cover changed to match.) Looks like they added an extra strap button, too. Japanese made but didn't sell very well, I think. Mid 90's maybe?

Comment

This ones on Ebay right now, they are kinda ugly.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Professional...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

It's the Jackson JPB7. Made and discontinued in 1995. There was also a JPB8 and a JPB9 with different electronics and control combinations.

The models never appeared in any catalog.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow, I've never seen that one before.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmmm.
            Looks like it was left out in the sun, and then it melted kinda. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I dunno, interesting!

Comment

I remember "trying" to sell these, not with much luck though.

You guys know waaay too much about these things though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

music go round has one of these for sale on their website ,it may be the same one if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

"Q: Since it says Professional on the head, it was made in Japan, and the serial number indicates it was made in 1995. Hope that helps.
                  Feb-11-06
                  A: Thanks, Is their a good internet site to find this kind of information? "

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As cool as that shape is, I'm sad to say they blatantly stole it from Marleaux, which is a two-person shop in Germany. They managed to piss off pretty much the entire German bass community when they showed them at Musikmesse, and apparently wouldn't talk to the Marleaux guys about it at all.

http://www.marleaux-bass.com/eng/baesse/signature.html

Comment

With the pickguard it looks like an OLP/Rickenbacker love child with a droopy butt.

But I like it, I'm stupid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                      X