Does anyone have a san dimas reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a san dimas reissue?

One made in the mid 90's. I called the store today that has one I am interested in and they said the serial # was 950161. That # is not listed on the Jackson website, but I saw the neck with my own eyes and it said "made in USA" on the headstock. Does this number sound realistic for a USA charvel? Thanks.

Re: Does anyone have a san dimas reissue?

Thanks sheddermon...this guitar is a "go" then!!! Yes!

Comment

I have about 15 of them. Discribe it and I will tell you what model it is. Some are worth more than others. HIH Dana [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, that would be consistent with a mid-90s Charvel Reissue. The "95" in the serial # being the year of manufacture.

Comment

I have two, a 1 and a 2. Both are excellent guitars but I prefer the 1, the Gold Floyd does it for me.

Vic

Comment

Those are cool! I've always wanted one. I believe the H/S/S models had a DiMarzio Tone Zone, Fast Track 1 and The Chopper pups. I forget what the H/H models have.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The two hum models have 'custom wound' dimarzios. Those are the specs given. Apparently they're not standard dimarzio pickups. I like em ok.

Comment

Some of the mid 90s reissues have Jackson Ontario neck plates with 00#### serial numbers, the others have the etched Charvel neck plates with 9##### serial numbers.
                I have a SD III with with a 95#### Charvel neck plate and a SD IV with Jackson 00#### neck plate. Both are excellent guitars. Nevertheless, I prefer authentic replicas of the originals like they have been built in San Dimas. Because of this, I am thinking about selling my mid 90s reissues.

Comment

Toby, What color is the four? Thanks, Dana

Comment

i have a 1 since a few weeks now, and i must say it is an amazing guitar. the pus should be Dimarzio Super3 in the brigde and an Evolution in neck position. the number an the pus says it so. one little thing: the D had been changed for a J on thoses pus, but the numbers are the same.

Comment

I bought two brand new in '95 ...remeber the Charvel add in Guitar World with Alex Skolnick ..when he just joined Savatge ...he 's piced holding a San Dimas I Koa..

I bout that one with the gold hardware and Floy Rose ...That's my main baby ...it still looks beuatiful..!!!

an then I have a Dan Dimas III with trans Green Maple over Mahogony ...with Tone Zone , Chopper , and fast track ...pups ...this thing is still like brand spankin' new...I never play it ...just once in awhile ...it's too pretty and I waited a year for that thing to be made ....major back order at that time..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana:
                        Toby, What color is the four? Thanks, Dana
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Transparent purple.

Comment

Working...
                        X