floyd nut problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd nut problem

OK heres one for you I have an R3 nut that for some reason when you clamp the locking pads down the strings sound like they are muted.You can play with no problem but when you hit it open the strings sound dead.The locking pads are not over tightend.Its not in the floyd itself it is in the nut area.Nut is the old style thru the neck and it is tight.
    I have even filed a small groove for the big e string and have cured some of the problem.I thought the string angle was off but the strings are resting where they should.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: floyd nut problem

I've got one that does similar, it seems that the clamps don't clamp down close enough to to the edge, maybe try a little shim under the tuner side of the clamp?, I've also considered filing down the part of the nut on the tuner side, kind of like getting a better angle on a standard nut, -like the release point isn't defined enough. Do you think that could be it?

Comment

Re: floyd nut problem

Thats what I've been thinking.I may be totally wrong.Maybe the nut is not to spec.I think I may try a new nut.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X