Used charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used charvel

Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help here. I am not very familiar with Charvels (I am a USA Jackson owner, though), but I have found one I am in love with and wondered what it is. It is a strat-ish body, with a pickguard. It has two dimarzio singles, a dimarzio bucker, and a pickguard. The neck is oil finished maple, maple fretboard, and it has that "strat knockoff" headstock look. It says "made in usa" on the headstock under the charvel logo. It is going for $375. I know they don't make anything like that right now, but it doesn't look like it is more than 10 years old (it could be, but it looks newer). Any ideas about what it is? And is $375 reasonable or a ripoff? Thanks...

Re: Used charvel

Forgot to add that it has 22 frets and a vintage style tremolo on it as well (maybe that will help narrow it down).

Comment

Sounds like one of the San Dimas re-issues, can you tell what kind of tremolo it has?
      Occupy JCF

Comment

It has a vintage looking tremolo...any idea what wood the body is made of on the san dimas reissues? And is that a good price?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see your reply post before I posted.
          Alder

375 for a Charvel San Dimas Standard, I'd say you did pretty darn good!
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Check the trem very carefully. If it is a Wilkinson, all black hardware, white pearloid pickguard, s/s/h with the black Charvel logo on the headstock ( It must be the logo with three tuners on each side and Made in USA under it.) It is a model called a PG I believe. I have one and it has a maple neck with 22 frets. I was told only 50 of these were made. Five groups of ten each. Each group was painted the color of a major league baseball team. Mine is a Dodger blue one. It also has the old style red phenolic nut and round brass string tree. HIH Dana [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me edit it. If it is a PG and it is not Dodger blue and you don't want it I would love to take it off your hands. I am trying for all five colors eventually. Thanks, Dana

Comment

The Standard reissue doesn't have a pickguard and only came with a rosewood board.
                The Traditional reissue has a pickguard and possibly a maple board, but only came with 3 singles.

I haven't heard of the PG model before, but trust Dana on that one...especially since he has one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Look for the 3x3 old Charvel logo like Dana said. Also, all of the reissue guitars have 6-digit serial numbers beginning with the year, which I think would be limited to '95 and '96. ANY of these guitars in good shape is definitely worth $375 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: about the wood - if it's a non-transparent finish I think it's probably alder.

Dana: what were the other colors/teams? I'd like to see a pic of yours if you've got one. I'm all about them there reissues!

Comment

Working...
                X