Ibanez Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Bridges

hey guys, which Ibanez bridge do you think is the best? The Edge, the Edge pro, Edge pro II, lo-pro, etc...

What would you suggest?
    thanks

Re: Ibanez Bridges

The original Edge. All Edge variants are high quality, so it's a taste call.

Comment

+1

the only foul ibanez bridge is the TRS.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Low Pro.
        Basically, the bridges that are available on the Jems and Universes are the best (exluding the Jem jr 555).
        Most of the signature models have the good trems on them. All of the USRG and USA Customs do and most if not all of the 540 Sabers and Radius models. Prestige models also have the good ones. I like the Low Pro the best. Edge trems are very good too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The original Edge. All Edge variants are high quality, so it's a taste call.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

+1 Original Edge... awesome trem.
            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              +1

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction, not all of the TRSes are bad. Mostly the Lo-TRS II. I had one, and that thing SUCKED! However, I had a guitar with a TRS-101, and I rather liked it. Someone did a hardness test on the base of them, and it came out basically the same as an OFR. Supposedly, Takeuchi (the makers) have some treating process that they don't like to let be known. The TRS-101 is Japanese. The Lo-TRS II is Korean. Dodge the Korean models.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                +1

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction, not all of the TRSes are bad. Mostly the Lo-TRS II. I had one, and that thing SUCKED! However, I had a guitar with a TRS-101, and I rather liked it. Someone did a hardness test on the base of them, and it came out basically the same as an OFR. Supposedly, Takeuchi (the makers) have some treating process that they don't like to let be known. The TRS-101 is Japanese. The Lo-TRS II is Korean. Dodge the Korean models.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Keep in mind.. the Korean Low TRS II really isn't that horrible. It stays in tune just fine. The problems with it are:
                It takes the whammy bar with the knurled nut on it (like the Wolfgang trems). Its fairly sloppy and loosens up by itself when you use it.
                It isn't as reactive as the other Ibanez trems and its made with inferior materials with a fairly wimpy sustain block.
                With that said.. it still stays in tune pretty darn good.
                The good Ibanez trems are the ones with the pop in bars with the 2 nylon spacers built into them.

Comment

Thanks!
                  How is the original Edge comfort wise for resting your palm?
                  I have an RG370DX with a Edge pro II and i love how it feels, is the original just as good or better?

Comment

it stays in tune (the TRS-II) but for actual dives and dips, you get SUCH bad sustain and it doesn't feel like a real Edge or floyd.. it just can't do 6 wholesteps or etc like the originals

I need to replace my TRS in my RG350DX with a lo-pro.. just need to find one lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      +1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Keep in mind.. the Korean Low TRS II really isn't that horrible. It stays in tune just fine. The problems with it are:
                      It takes the whammy bar with the knurled nut on it (like the Wolfgang trems). Its fairly sloppy and loosens up by itself when you use it.
                      It isn't as reactive as the other Ibanez trems and its made with inferior materials with a fairly wimpy sustain block.
                      With that said.. it still stays in tune pretty darn good.
                      The good Ibanez trems are the ones with the pop in bars with the 2 nylon spacers built into them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Like I said, I HAD an Ibanez with the Lo-TRS II trem on it, and it didn't stay in tune for @#$*. It went out, the moment you touched the bar. Switching studs didn't help. The blades wear, prematurely. I have heard identical stories from other I banez users over time. If you are having good experiences with yours, consider yourself lucky. You must have one of the rare ones.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Lo-Pro is the best imho

Comment

Working...
                        X