diagram help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diagram help

I know nothing about this, but I picked up a rocker switch. It's an SPST and has no LED because some members on the board said that the LED would drain way to much juice. this is what it sais on the radio shack site:

" Rated 10 amps at 125VAC or 250VAC. Mounts in a 3/4"-diameter (approximate) hole.
    1 x 6A 250VAC SPST rocker switch (black)"

more information on the switch is here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....399&tab=summary

What I want to do is wire my pickups with this kilswitch, and a blade switch.

Firstly I need to know if it's possible.

secondly I need someone to make a wiring diagram for wiring this is both normal pickups and active EMGs.

Re: diagram help

It should simply be a matter of wiring your pickups and blade switch normally, then wiring the killswitch to interrupt the hot lead on its way to the output jack. Throw the switch, break the circuit.

Comment

will it leave a hum like the guitar is unplugged or will it mute the signal?

Comment

My bad, you don't just leave the circuit open. You want to ground the output to silence it. Here's a simple diagram I found:

When the switch is open, it works normally. Closing the switch shorts the signal to ground.

Comment

Working...
        X