Shawn Lane Charvel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Lane Charvel??

What type of Charvel did Shawn Lane (RIP)use? I remember seeing a picture of him holding a sunburst Strat body Charvel with carved top and two humbuckers, so I assume 750XL?? I seem to remember him mentioning the 475 also. He was such an aweomse player and his tones were smooth as glass.....

Re: Shawn Lane Charvel??

It was a 750XL. I just won an auction on Ebay for one of these guitars. I have been a bit obsessed with Shawn's music for the past few months...

This link has the guitar I purchased and a screencap of shawn playing a very similar guitar.

http://www.cliffgarrett.com/750xl

Peace...

Comment

Cool, thx for the pics. If only I could find a 750 floating around somewhere......

Comment

just wondering off hand,

the few pics I've seen of him (in guitar player and 1 spot in gw), he looks like he's holding a coil tap equipped Ibanez S series.

is this so?

Comment

(RIP) [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] He's probably played just about anything. He was in a mid '90s DiMarzio catalog with a Fender Strat.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In recent years he endorsed and played Vigier guitars. I don't think he had been using the 750xl for quite some time.

Jeez what a loss. I still can't believe he's gone. Far and away the best guitarist I've ever heard.

Comment

I am really interested in Lane. Would anyone be kind enough to send me in the right direction for some of his music? Thanks.

Comment

been out of it for awhile so please be gentle. he's dead? when and how did this happen???

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

He died in September from "complications from lung disease". He was hugely overweight, a chain smoker, and reportedly had issues with heroin. It's very sad as I believe he also has a little daughter.

Like so many really talented people he was wrestling with a lot of demons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebbflow:
                    I am really interested in Lane. Would anyone be kind enough to send me in the right direction for some of his music? Thanks.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cliff is your man. He's been way deep into his playing lately and can definitely get you going.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

He did an Ibanez endorsment right after Jackson. His model was a Ghostrider series...

For getting"into" him, I would suggest the following:

Powers Of 10
                      Powers Of 10 Live!
                      Time Is the Enemy
                      Good People In Times Of Evil
                      Two Doors
                      Tritone Fascination

Then of course there are a TON more great ones...

He also did two instructional videos released by REH, which are genious, even though they have issues with accuracy, and completeness...

There are also a ton of great items that you can find doing a google search... Abtractlogix.com has a ton o great material.

http://www.tarsun.net/old/Discography.htm

Have fun!
                      Cliff

Comment

I hope all the Shawn Lane fans know about &quot;Powers of 10&quot;??

Ive read some forums (guitar world) where the morons think that
                        Shawn was just a speed freak shredder! If you ever get to check
                        out "Powers of 10". You will see that he was a great arranger, and
                        true talent. In fact when i got this album in 2000 i didnt like it at
                        first! I was looking for mindless shred gymnastics. But after
                        4 or 5 listens...i was slayed! RIP Shawn. You were truly under
                        appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                        X