fishy strat head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishy strat head

I found a real nice one but NO NECK PLATE!!!
    It's a Birdseye maple body in transparent Blue, Birdseye Maple/Maple 22 fret strat head, 2 cream Pick ups, Gold Floyd & hardware. BLACK plain neck plate. Everything looks & feels right except that darn neck plate......WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!?!?!

Re: fishy strat head

Check to see if the Floyd was added. If it looks original then see if the type of Floyd fits that era of guitar.

From what I understand many of the early strat heads were vintage trem. Most of the Floyds were added aftermarket. If it looks original, then the customer had to have supplied the Floyd as Kramer had the lock on them (help me out here, is this right?)

If the Floyd is original, it better not look shiny new. How about the tuners?

Comment

I looked at that one last year. Can't remember the name of the store though, but the owner has a bunch of 80's shred stuff.

Added Floyd from V trem, and he wanted like $2200 back then.

Brett

Comment

A picture would be A great help - front and back

Comment

Yeah Brett that's the same one.
          I can't decide if I should get it, or pass on it.
          It's not going anywhere any time soon, so I'll wait a while I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Krash D Party:
            Yeah Brett that's the same one.
            I can't decide if I should get it, or pass on it.
            It's not going anywhere any time soon, so I'll wait a while I guess.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From a collector's standpoint, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Without the plate, it's not worth anywhere near as much for a collector piece. Even if you manage to get a SD plate, the records for that number won't match your guitar.

On the other hand, if you're buying it as a player, you have to ask yourself if it plays like a $2,200 guitar should.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I only want player guitars.
              I would never want a guitar I won't play. I don't see the point in collecting guitars. They are made to be played. I know a few guys who are "Collectors" and they can't play for shit.
              So the reason they collect guitars is that they always wanted someone to "WOW" over them. Since they can't play to well, they get the same type of reaction by having great gear. Instead of "Man I wish I could play like so-n-so" It's becoming "Man I wish I has as much cool stuff as so-n-so"

Comment

Working...
              X