charvel bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel bass

i found a charvel bass from the 80's made in usa for 350 euro ,i think the model heavy metal or santimas im not sure(serial#300294).it has jackson active pickups.I played with it and it was great!!!
    I ve heard that its better than the new ones or the jackson bass japan.what do you think?its exactly like this:

Re: charvel bass

charvel model 2b made in japan. ft worth neck plate is not a made in usa. the model series are as good in quality (IMO ) as the usa jacksons.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

the bass is not this in the photo but it looks like it and in the neck plate writes "made in usa".sorry about my english

Comment

if it is exactly like that, with the same logo & that serial number, it sure sounds like a Made in Japan Model 2B. I can't recall a neckplate with "Made in USA" on it - that's usually found on the headstock. The neckplate might say "San Dimas, CA" or "Ontario, CA". The neckplate definitely says "Made in USA" and not "Fort Worth, TX"?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

the bass i talk about has a switch for the pickups like the guitars.i think thats the main difference.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            if it is exactly like that, with the same logo & that serial number, it sure sounds like a Made in Japan Model 2B. I can't recall a neckplate with "Made in USA" on it - that's usually found on the headstock. The neckplate might say "San Dimas, CA" or "Ontario, CA". The neckplate definitely says "Made in USA" and not "Fort Worth, TX"?

[/ QUOTE ]
            sorry i didnt see it but finally,it writes:
            "P.OB.OX2344
            Fort WorthTX76113
            U.S.A "
            and ofcorse the serial#.but as i said it has a three step switch for the pickyps.and why writes U.S.A?

Comment

Fort Worth USA marked guitars and basses were made in Japan. It is a common mistake by new members and ebay sellers.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Fort Worth USA marked guitars and basses were made in Japan. It is a common mistake by new members and ebay sellers.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                ok,finally i bought it and it sounds great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                compared with the new japan jackson basses what do you think?

Comment

I never played one of those basses, but if they are as good as the guitars that bear the same neck plate, it should be great.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yea, I saw that one. That was the one a Neil's Music, correct! Should be a good one.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Ft Worth Texas was where the Headquarters (office, not the builders) was located from 1986 to whenever the Fender buyout was (can't remember now - 2002? 2003?). The corporate office (NOT the actual people that built the USA Jacksons) had them put "USA" on those neckplates to fool people into thinking they were made in the USA.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The corporate office (NOT the actual people that built the USA Jacksons) had them put "USA" on those neckplates to fool people into thinking they were made in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ] That's a joke, right? They came with Made In Japan stickers on them when they were new.
                        Scott

Comment

hate to bring this back from the dead.. but i just got a bass like this, and it had ben modified fretless, and had a jackson covered humbucker shape pickup, with a maple neck and fretboard.

the plate is marked w. te fort worth address and the serial # is 229961.

it has 2 knobs w. a switch in between (not sure what the swittch does, i think its a killswitch or a split, idk at all. any ideas if its real and/or what model it is

Comment

I have one of these - excellent bass- as far as I know, Made in japan

Comment

also - not active pickups - passive pickups with a preamp.

Comment

Working...
                              X