Wouldn't it be nice ... (pickup I.D.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be nice ... (pickup I.D.)

Wouldn't it be nice if all the manufacturers would I.D. their pickups?

A label (or something) stating ... Year - Make - Model - Neck or Bridge calibration.

I have several pu's in my parts box that I have no idea about ... how about you?

TTF

Re: Wouldn\'t it be nice ... (pickup I.D.)

I only buy pickups that have stickers already on them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I only buy pickups that have stickers already on them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]
      +1
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've got quite a few pickups with stickers...that tell me absolutely nothing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've got two or three Jackson pickups that I think I can identify by the output registered on a meter...but I keep putting them back in the box without marking them after I measure them...damn [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah it's be great if they could stamp the baseplates with something more than their company name. At lest DiMarzio stamps the model number on theirs, and Duncan has a professionally printed sticker these days instead of the old fading ink style [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Still, something like 'Jazz Neck' or 'SuperDistortion' rather than BR549 would be great
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a mystery pickup right here in front of my PC; I think it came out of a LP copy that Wendy O. Williams chainsawed at the Country Club back in 1987.

Black hum, looks like a Duncan, one row of poles is slotted round, other row is plain round, gold baseplate with no marks, single grey lead.
            Anybody wanna guess?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have a mystery pickup right here in front of my PC; I think it came out of a LP copy that Wendy O. Williams chainsawed at the Country Club back in 1987.

Black hum, looks like a Duncan, one row of poles is slotted round, other row is plain round, gold baseplate with no marks, single grey lead.
              Anybody wanna guess?

[/ QUOTE ]
              Sounds like a Duncan Dorkfish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Isn't that model a Bonefish?
                Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                X