Scott Henderson playing jazz with a Strathead Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Henderson playing jazz with a Strathead Charvel

The night before last night, I browsed through the TV channels. I stopped on a German TV station when I discovered a Strathead Charvel. There was a jazz concert, and Scott Henderson played with Chick Corea. He played a cherryburst Strathead Charvel with HSH, a black pickguard, black vintage tremolo and black tuners. I think the neck was birdseye maple. The headstock had a black 3L/3R Charvel logo.

http://www.scotthenderson.net

Re: Scott Henderson playing jazz with a Strathead Charvel

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER:
    Toby,that must have been very cool [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] !!He also had a purple one with the same features,the bridges were Dimarzios though they looked like black V-trems!!Did ya tape it bro, I'd love to see it?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No I didn't tape it. I had no idea of the TV program. The camera very often showed Scott from the side, where I saw the a Strathead. Then I hoped that it's a Charvel, and I waited minutes until the camera showed him from the front.

Comment

Toby,that must have been very cool [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] !!He also had a purple one with the same features,the bridges were Dimarzios though they looked like black V-trems!!Did ya tape it bro, I'd love to see it?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Scott Henderson rocks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] But he looks like that goofy guy Screech from that old Saved By The Bell show. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's my little Scott Henderson story. He would come into this club I was in the house band all the time back in the late 80's. People knew him but I didn't. He would sit in with us every once in a while. He was really soft spoken and kind of shy. He would come up and say he really didn't play that much rock and roll. I thought not only did he have a really large head (physically, not metaphorically) he wasn't all that good. Well after about 6 months he said could we play a bit more of a jazz song with him. Well after I picked my jaw up off the floor after he played I was hooked.

Comment

im a big fan of tribal tech and scott, never knew he had a charvel...must have been an old show

Comment

I found a pic in an old guitar player magazine w/scott holding the guitar you are talking about.Definately a black dimarzio bridge on it, but man did it look clean.

Comment

What the funny story about Scott is that he loves Alan Holdsworth I think.
                When Alan used Charvel back in early 80's,Scott used them.
                Then Alan used Ibanez,Scott went with Ibanez.
                Jon Suhr makes double screw pickups which he got ideas from Alan Holdsworth pickup and now Scott plays Suhr guitars exclusively.

Scott Rules in my opinion.
                [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 18, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

Originally posted by bad seed:
                  I found a pic in an old guitar player magazine w/scott holding the guitar you are talking about.Definately a black dimarzio bridge on it, but man did it look clean.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can you post that pic?

Comment

The Henderson article with the Charvel was in the October '86 issue of Guitar Player, to this day still my personal favorite. Vai was on the cover and featured with his famous "Green Meanie" Charvel. If nobody has posted it by tomorrow, I'll try to put up both Henderson's and Vai's pics from that issue. The pic of Henderson is over the fold in the magazine, so getting a good scan will be iffy.

Comment

Hey LD, DANG!
                      Thats the issue, but i dont have a scanner , mine met a horrible death in the compactor.Good luck with the henderson pic, i think the only way to get a good scan would be to take the mag apart.I got another copy if you need one.

Davey Boy Gnomes

Comment

Here ya go. I scanned a few pages which may or may not be of interest to fellow C/J junkies.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~lpd/cont...tber_1986.html

Enjoy.
                        -Loren

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool, its funny IMO if it found its way to ebay most of us (me included) would be screaming FAKE or parts mutt . large logo strathead, black dimarzio bridge, #'d barrel knobs, no string tree. so COOL.

Comment

Originally posted by LD:
                              Here ya go. I scanned a few pages which may or may not be of interest to fellow C/J junkies.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~lpd/cont...tber_1986.html

Enjoy.
                              -Loren
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X