will fender ever put these out in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will fender ever put these out in production

with the strat head and different color and fingerboard options?

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ November 14, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: randyvanmalmsteen ]

Re: will fender ever put these out in production

Comment

<center></center>

[ November 14, 2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

I know about these,but want a two bucker one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

With the small turn out of the 25th Anni. I would think that they would not. I could be wrong ..

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So buy that one and just have it routed for a neck pup! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967:
              With the small turn out of the 25th Anni. I would think that they would not. I could be wrong ..
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whats small? . I'm hearing close to 100 sold .. thats a decent lot
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] COOL ! I WANT ONE ! 1 OUT OF 100 LTD'S THATS COOL AND I HOPE THIS OPENS THE DOOR FOR MY BUDWIESER STAR REBUILD ORDER ASAP ! , [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , ALZ

Comment

Especially for a no-options limited run.

Comment

Fender wont, Jackson/Charvel might.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So buy that one and just have it routed for a neck pup! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah but you are talking MORE $$$$, then dont forget the OFR too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
                        Fender wont, Jackson/Charvel might.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">IIRC fender now owns jackson?

Comment

Yes, but Fender doesn't make them, Jackson/Charvel are still a separate division from Fender. However, since J/C is now located inside the same building as the Fender shop, I can't say how long the separation will last. I don't mind the sharing of ideas between the two companies, but I would like to see Fender NOT continue the "Charvel lookalike" competition (i.e. the rear-loaded, hum-loaded, v-trem/Floyded Strathead with ebony board and fancy colors/graphics).
                          Fender should stay where they've always worked best - with pickguarded Strat's, Teles, Jags, and the like. It'd be common courtesy since they won't let Charvel produce a Strathead necked guitar to not produce any non-pickguarded "Charvel-style" bodies.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                            Yes, but Fender doesn't make them, Jackson/Charvel are still a separate division from Fender. However, since J/C is now located inside the same building as the Fender shop, I can't say how long the separation will last. I don't mind the sharing of ideas between the two companies, but I would like to see Fender NOT continue the "Charvel lookalike" competition (i.e. the rear-loaded, hum-loaded, v-trem/Floyded Strathead with ebony board and fancy colors/graphics).
                            Fender should stay where they've always worked best - with pickguarded Strat's, Teles, Jags, and the like. It'd be common courtesy since they won't let Charvel produce a Strathead necked guitar to not produce any non-pickguarded "Charvel-style" bodies.

Newc
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's entirely possible that Fender will be doing this. It would make sense to market the pickguarded versions as Fender and the non-pickguarded, strat head as J/C.

It would be a good product differentation tactic. It would also allow Fender thru J/C work on more experimental product like longer scale length and wild body styling.

If done right, J/C could be the faster to respond to trend division, and Fender could take it's main product more upscale as Gibson did with the Historic devision.

If you look at Fender's holdings, they are in prime position for a major increase in market share through specilaization and exploitation of the various niches they are into. I even believe that Jackson will be coming out with a new set of models in 2004 that will be PRS competition. (25.25 in scale, aaa maple tops, mahogany body/neckthru, ebony board, sls heads, and tunamatic or floyd rose bridges.)

This is only my guess, but it feels right to me looking at Fender's diverse holdings.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                              Whats small? . I'm hearing close to 100 sold .. thats a decent lot
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kev, I think your estimate could be right. The new plates started at #6000 or #6001. The one shown above is #6045, and mine is #6048. Are the any higher serial # around?

I imagine that the most of the Ontario Charvels with the Intario plates (bullseyes, big mouth, mine, and others) are owned by JCF members. In this case it would be easy to track them and doing a log book.

Comment

Working...
                              X