Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalloped KV3

Jackson KV3
    frets 1-3, lightest filing/sanding. I may in the future, scallop these a little deeper though, b/c my peavey has full uniform scalloping all the way down to the first fret, and I'm actually getting used to it.

frets 4-9, light on B side, light to medium transition on the high-e side.

frets 10-22, medium on B and medium-heavy high e side.

black grover locking tuners with stock washers (the gray part), relocated strap pin, a screamin seaman bridge pick-up, stock duncan designed neck pick-up, blocked jt580 trem. String tension holds the block - i used to have a wood block on both sides, but i lost the small one and have to make another one.

The whole MIJ collection (not sure where the Peavey is made, though). That be a Yamaha CG something on the right. Mom got that for me for X-mas about 13 years ago, when I asked for an ELECTRIC!!!

www.WarCurse.com

Re: Scalloped KV3

Nice, clean job dude.

Comment

looks great man, good job!!!

Comment

Very impressive! Great work!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That be a Yamaha CG something on the right. Mom got that for me for X-mas about 13 years ago, when I asked for an ELECTRIC!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
          that's funny cause classical guitars are The Worst guitars to learn on. super fat neck, nylon strings, no resonance. what a "classic" mistake by Moms all over the world. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

very professional work bro!

Comment

thanks guys.

yeah, a lot of moms give you the guitar that they want to hear, hoping you play the music they want to hear!

Glad she did it though. I was really into it at one point. It actually replaced a cheap small-scale steel string. The kind you find at wal-mart. fortunately, that's where i learned my basic chords.
              www.WarCurse.com

Comment

very nice work. you have a skill that i will never have - patience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Cool! So do you create any riffs in Division or just stick with drums?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i stick with drums. i write stuff, well, at least used to. but my stuff is a little different - more like a mixture of Tool meets Devin Townsend meets 90's Morbid Angel. just too different, and mostly six-string based.

I'm sure Mike & Dave are just itching to write new stuff on their sevens, so my ideas won't be needed much, i presume.

More over, i'm banking on the more i keep my trap shut on riffs, the more liberty i'll have with my drum parts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    www.WarCurse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      More over, i'm banking on the more i keep my trap shut on riffs, the more liberty i'll have with my drum parts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, it probably works better that way. Imagine Mike and Dave playing drums! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Imagine Mike and Dave playing drums! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know better than that!

I actually have a lot of freedom, which is great. At the same time, I'm really flexible b/c i know a good idea that nobody likes just might come out somewhere else later.

besides, i write drums strictly from the guitar parts anyway, so i try to think that if i'm not adding anything to the riff, i'm at least supporting it in a major way. i try to take the Abbot Brothers approach.
                        www.WarCurse.com

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait to hear new stuff.

Comment

Nice work James!
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

That is a great scallop job! Of course, you have to be in NoVA and I just left there in September. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Does anyone know of a good luthier down here in GA?
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X