Dinky MUTT Project. questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky MUTT Project. questions

Has anyone bought one of the jackson bodies from www.guitarshopsupply.net ?

The reason I'm asking is this.. I have a Kelly and Rhoads now. both are great, but kinda uncomfortable for when I just wanna sit in my room and tear it up. I want a super strat for that..

Now.. I have an old neck from a STD Kelly. very thin profile, would be perfect for this . I have old jackson custom pickups and even a couple spare floyds, I could throw one in here. it would be just what I needed, and I won't have to go buy that ibanez or dinky i was considering

So are these bodies any good, or is it just gonna be terrible for sustain and tone? Do you think I should do this?

Re: Dinky MUTT Project. questions

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I was curious about their bodies as well. I was thinking of getting one of the strat bodies from them. I don't know of anyone that has purchased a body from them but in your case it would probably be cheaper to try and pick up a Jackson DXMG body (or similar 24 fretter) on ebay seeing as you already have the Jackson neck.
      -Sol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The reason I'm asking is this.. I have a Kelly and Rhoads now. both are great, but kinda uncomfortable for when I just wanna sit in my room and tear it up. I want a super strat for that..

Now.. I have an old neck from a STD Kelly. very thin profile, would be perfect for this . I have old jackson custom pickups and even a couple spare floyds, I could throw one in here. it would be just what I needed, and I won't have to go buy that ibanez or dinky i was considering

So are these bodies any good, or is it just gonna be terrible for sustain and tone? Do you think I should do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mean to hijack your thread, but did you happen to buy that kelly from the dartmouth musicstop last year?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that their bodies and necks are all mighty mite; you should be fine, and for the price, you really can't go wrong.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Plus they are ash. That would be better than a used DXMG body, and probably around the same money.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mean to hijack your thread, but did you happen to buy that kelly from the dartmouth musicstop last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. I've never bought guitars from there, only amps and effects. Didn't they have an eerie dess Ke-3?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Plus they are ash. That would be better than a used DXMG body, and probably around the same money.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Well I do like the sound of alder and basswood..

but either way,just cause it says ash, doesn't mean it's good right"? it could be like 15 ply laminate..

Oh, and I have bought the Jackson neck from the same site a while ago, good quality but it got banged up in shipping [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

as mentioned, they're mighty mite bodies. they're not 15 ply laminate. i've had a mm body and it was one of the best sounding guitars i've had. certainly in the top 5.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

=D

Thanks sully

I'm going to go through with it then. I'll post pictures when it's all done. Might even buy a newer floyd to go on it, since both the spares i have , have completely destroyed knife edges.. meaning it would have to be blocked

Comment

So what would actually be wrong with a 15 ply laminate? That would probably be a very good body! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

So go ahead and build one, Mark, and report back to us! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X