hum issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hum issues

hey guys. i have hum and noise issues on my triamp. anytime i plug anything into my effects loop with an ac power supply i get a bunch of noise. it's only when i use power supplies on my pedals. is the ebtech hum eliminator something that would cure this. thanks.
    Rick

Re: hum issues

no answers. ok. thanks

Comment

Are you plugging into the same outlet as your amp? Do you have a ground on your pedal AC power supplies? Do you have a ground lift on your amp? Try different combinations of grounding your pedals and amp and see what you get...

Comment

done all of that stuff. seperate plug in as my amp. tried lifting the ground on my pedal board and amp in different combinations. i don't think there is a ground lift on my amp. i'll look at it again tonight.

Comment

A hum eliminator might help, those are handy to have around anyway.
          I've got a tech21 Trademark 60 amp that I had a similar problem with (noise w/ a delay in the loop when using a wall wart). I tried a number of different power supplies, and when I tried a Danelectro 'zero-hum' it was dead quiet. I'd try one of those if I were you.

Comment

You either have a ground loop or a faulty power supply. Sometimes you need to use regulated power supplies. Are yours?

Comment

If you're using a cheap radio shack adapter, that could be your problem. Some of the cheaper/generic power adapters are noisy as hell.

Pete

Comment

i just figured out last night that nothing in the basement where we practice is grounded. so my buddy is gonna do some wiring today and tomorrow and get all the outlets grounded. i've only played it there so hopefully that will fix it. i probably should have brought it home and tried it here but i didn't feel like hauling it all. i should know tomorrow if that was the problem.

Comment

I actually found that the Rat Shack 9v power supply was more quiet than the Korg or Boss wall-warts, it was next quietest to the Dano.

Comment

i moved my rig last night and all the plugs had a ground. it was super quiet. i finally got it remedied. thank god.

Comment

Working...
                    X