Control Cavity--Whats in mine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Cavity--Whats in mine???

On my 1986 SD strat, I have a little toggle switch which I believe to be some kind of active boost--maybe a mid-range boost. My pickup is wired to a little board which has some, what I think are tuneable options. There are some dip switches on the red box and on the blue box, a place for me to turn a screw. Does anyone know what these are used for. Before I go messing around, I thought I'd ask first. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This picture is big...

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/godwentpunk/sdctl.jpg

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Control Cavity--Whats in mine???

You have a Jackson JE-1000 preamp:

[ November 05, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Jim---Thanks a whole bunch!!!!

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Wow Jim, thanks for posting that!!! I'd like to hear more about changing the settings on the 3 dip switches and messing with the gain control. What kind of difference does it actually make?

I've had C/J guitars with JE-1000's in them for 15 years and never realized they were adjustable. I do know that I've had some guitars where the JE-1000 boost seemed a lot "hotter" than others..... now I finally know why.

Anybody ever mess with the settings?

[ November 06, 2003, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

Greg--I play through a Marshall TSL100 on all 3 channels (clean -> High Gain). I wounder how this would effect each channel? The only thing I not clear about is where the documentation spoke to about changing the pickups "resonent frequency" [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] . I'm going for megga boost--turn that screw all the way --yeah baby!--

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Well, I was turning the little screw all the left and then to the right and I had noticed only a little change. I decided to put a new battery in and [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] what a differce. Now, turning to the left brings the boost to when the normal pickup is. However, all the way to the right, !POW! wake-up call. There is about a 30%+ additional volume [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I tried the little switches but I could not notice anything. I'm going to explore a little more...

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Is there ANYTHING Jim doesn't know!!!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one of these in my '89 Dinky. It's definitely a kick a$$ little preamp module. It's like having a distortion pedal right there at your finger tips. I haven't really played with the settings yet but I will probably get in there and mess around with it some because I have to replace the volume pot. I know it probably is low on battery power because I have the battery that came with it in there. I beleive the dip switches are supposed to enhance the tone to the frequency range of your choice. I think one is low the other mids and the other highs. I'm not sure which is which though. Or what combos you can use if you can use any combo at all. Anyone know if you can have multiple dip switches turned on at once or should only one be on at a time?
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                X