Who can help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can help me out?

Guys....I need a mint chrome vintage trem to complete my VHI pointy head. The body is a Model 1 and I cannot find a vintage to fit. The screw holes on USA made trems do not line up. I would also like to get one with a thick sustain block if possible.

Would also be interested in a single humbucker pickguard for this guitar too. Mint if possible. The one that I have does not match the holes...I will make new holes if I have too...but thought I might try for one here.

Last but not least....a metal back black is needed too.

Any help or leads are greatly appreciated.

I will post pictures of the final product.

Thanks guys

Monte

Re: Who can help me out?

I had the same problem with my model 1 body EVH 2. I found what I think was a fender Mexi trem, with stamped Fender saddles and it lined up perfectly. Wish I had another one for you. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Hope this helps to narrow down the search at least! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Could've been a Jap Fender trem also! One of the two will work!

Comment

That helps alot. I thought that I might have to go import, but didn't want to spend the money and be wrong.

Thanks again.

Monte

Comment

For what it's worth, those model trems were made by gotoh. G105 was the model #. I think they were used on Japanese fenders for a while.

Comment

Carefull wishing for a thick sustain block. The reason they are made smaller is the bodies ar thinner. So chances are if you add the bigh block it will stick out the back a little. You can buy them at WD, Allparts, and several other places. Make sure to call and tell them you want the import size. I have an aged one and a gold if interested email me.

Comment

monte
            i have a few chrome v-trems. is the spacing of the model series's the same as the old san dimas brass bridges. i have an old SD brass bridge & body to size it for ya but not any import model 1 bodies. shoot me an email if its the right size, im sure we can work out the details later
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks guys. I know what you mean about the sustain block.

j2379, the body is an import body and the holes do not line up to an old SD trem...i tried that.

i think i will give WD a call and look for a Gotoh.

The body and paint job are 1005 dead mint and the neck is a USA pointy neck that is also 100% mint.

I don't want to use any cheap hardware....i want it to be a great player.

Monte

Comment

Actually, 99% of the import Fender's both Japan and Mexico use Ping made tremolos. I do believe Gotoh still does make a unit with the right spacing though. Ask AllParts. I don't know about now, but they offered two Gotoh vintage style tremolo units, one with 'standard' screw spacing and another with 'exact vintage replacement' spacing. You probably want the regular spacing. I used to retrofit Japan Fender's with the new units, but occasionally had problems where neither size lined up exactly.

[ October 31, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I've got a gotoh 105 but its black.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X