Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some help authenticating and evaluating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help authenticating and evaluating?

Found this for sale at $699. it is stamped "Brian Hall" inside, and the Serial numbers match.

what exactly is this? a good buy for collecting at $699 or a stinker?

Have been wanting a "San Dimas", Have I found one?

Thanks all.

Shawn

San Dimas Pictures
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Some help authenticating and evaluating?

it's cool but i think it is an ontario guitar...i think the sd jacksons serial numbers stopped at around 1500-1600...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

'87-ish Ontario Jackson strat with a JT6, probably a mid boost of some kind, and original case.
      A little high at $699. $499 I'd jump. Nice guitar.

Comment

Thanks Chuck,

So exactly what model is it? Also, why the San Dimas plate?

Thanks.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Jackson called them Strats before it became illegal to do so, then Traditional after that.

Jackson moved from San Dimas to Ontario in mid to late 86 and had a pile of plates left over with the San Dimas addy, so instead of scrapping them, they used them up. Took until late '89 before they were all gone!

Comment

It's a very cool crackle finish strat. Definately Ontario and too high $$$ IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

This is especially true if you are thinking of buying her as a "collector piece".

However, if you want a "player" and can't afford the WAY OVERRATED-Way Over-Hyped San Dimas Charvels, then this is the perfect guitar to own as a player.

There basically is no difference between the necks, craftsmanship and playability of the Ontario Jacksosn and the San Dimas guitars.
            The whole San Dimas thing is 100% Hype at best. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

AND(listen up Charvel die-hards) Unlike the majority of San Dimas guitars, the ontario stuff actually had a nice trem-the JT-6 (or atleast a nice trem spacing for a Floyd.)
            If you had to have a Charvel you usually got dicked with a Kahler.

It's been said MANY times on this Forum that these jackson strats are a STEAL in the used market place. I concur!

Comment

Hey, that guitar looks like one my now deceased friend (Richard Ray) had in his shop on consignment. Did that by chance come from Scotty's Guitar shop in BlueSprings, MO? I've played it. It's nice, maybe worth 600.

Comment

flip that baby and lets see the electonics cavity route { san dimas evaluation free tip #1 must have a trianglure route teardrop= ontario also no usa models are ft worth texas those are jap no doubt that a fact } cool axe no matter and priced good ! U.S.A. JACKSONS CUSTOM SHOP;S RULE BUY ALL YOU CAN ! see ya , ALZ p.s. the movie 28 days later is INSANE ALSO [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSE'S RULE !

Comment

If YOU like the graphic, then it's a good buy at $600. That finish is hit or miss with most people. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Point head, Yeah, that is one at a place called Scottys Music. I have decided to pass on it. If anyone wants the info on the whereabouts of this one, email me and I will forward it to you.

Thanks for all your wisdom,

Later.

Shawn in Tampa
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

How'd you find out about this one? That is one obscure shop here in KC area. he's the top tech shop around here though. As to that guitar, it's a good player. Has an ebony board, though richard and scotty thought that a black, grainless wood was rosewood (no rosewood I've ever saw looked like ebony as much as this one does) It's a real wide and flat fretboard, plays very uniquely. Heavy as hell guitar as I remember. Pretty cool actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X