Charvel #1505 has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel #1505 has arrived!

Well, she arrived from GMW earlier today. As the pics in the Charvel Central gallery can attest, she was in a sorry state when I picked her up. Extra pickup was routed, the Floyd was hackjob recessed, all of the paint was stripped off, and to add final insult, her ebony board had been scalloped! Well Lee, Neal and Dan worked their magic over her and she is now 99% returned to original. Here's what they did:
    - Filled the extra pickup route, extra knob and three way holes, and the Floyd recess, then the body was capped
    - Also had to dowel out the Jackson metal inserts and put in the proper Floyd woodscrew style posts
    - New fretboard, frets, proper white phenolic dots
    - Fixed the logo, the 'headstock' was missing from the Charvel
    - Awesome blue and white EVH stripes, perfectly color and pattern matched to the original pics!
    - Cleaned the strippers nail polish off of the original creme and black Duncan Custom!
    Hell, they even buffed out my back plates, trem cover (slotted) not installed at this time. This guitar may well be the first Charvel to get a factory Floyd. She will hold that title (IMO) until an earlier one is discovered! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Floyd is the only non-original part on her. She originally came with a series 1 Floyd, with no fine tuners. This Floyd is the earliest Floyd with fine-tuners, that I have ever seen. It sports a huge sustain block, t-shaped string blocks, non-removable bar, and a grainy chrome finish. It was not made in Germany, more likely in Floyds Seattle garage! So even though it is not original, I get the functionality of fine-tuning, and maintain the early Floyd vibe. I also have copies of the workorder and cardfile from Jackson, specifying chrome parts. Check out the Fender style Klusons and the strap pins! I have the original case, too. Can you tell that I am excited? She is a masterpiece, GMW is the best!

[ October 19, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]

Re: Charvel #1505 has arrived!

Man if that had a maple board I would kill someone for you for that. It looks sweet [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Re: Charvel #1505 has arrived!

F'n nice!

Comment

Working...
      X