Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 and sustainer question

Hello,
    I'm the owner of a Jackson Phil Collen signature and I have a question about the sustainer system.
    Lets say I'd like to swap that jackson sustainer system for a Fernandes one.
    Would my guitar need drilling to fit the Fernandes on/off and mode switches or can the holes already drilled be used?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: PC-1 and sustainer question

They should match up perfectly.
    I have taken measurements for both and the spacing between the toggles is identicle.
    Now this is only if you are replacing the stock Jackson sustainer with a Fernandes FSK-401 system.
    Something I always do when someone thinks of replacing a Jackson sustainer...
    Give me a shout and I'll take the Jackson unit off your hands... working or not.
    -Rick

Comment

Hey man, thanks a lot for the info.
      Antoher thing, check out this pic, this is the current state of my PC-1.
      http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?...9_bici_010.jpg
      The sustainer driver pickup is gone and now there's a EMG 81 in its place.
      I'd like to have this guitar closer to its original state, not for its resale value and I know I can't do anything about that but I want a sustainer loaded guitar and I figured this gotta be it because its already routed and drilled.
      As you can see the toggles are still there and the circuit is also in there, I just want to have a sustainer double coil system installed in my guitar and I need expert advice pretty bad. If I can make it happen I'll send you the jackson circuit and toggles for free if you want'em.

Comment

Link to pic is not working... PM me and I can help you with installation of a Fernandes FSK-401 system.
        Basicaly I will walk you through it.
        It's not real hard since all the routing and drilling are already done. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Just have to be careful when removing the current system so it doesn't get damaged.
        -Rick

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a go

Comment

Working...
          X