my pre pro story - sad but true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pre pro story - sad but true

found pics of the pre pro i USED to have, scanned them and thought I'd post them, since it seems like everyone likes to look at pics on here (I know I do) Here she is:

This is how it looked when I bought it, with two DiMarzio Super Distortions in it. Bought it used for $500. It only had 5 strings on it when I tried it at the store [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but I knew I had to have it... from what I remember , it's either an '80 or '81, think I got it in '81 or '82... don't remember exactly...

The Super Distortions were too "mushy"... put in DiMarzio Super 2's...

A "temporary" modification... influenced? nah..... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] good guitar, bad hair...

Changed to an Allparts trem (shown here), and then later had a Kahler Flyer put on... I know, I know, the sacrilegious modifications and a Kahler to boot... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but easy on the flaming... cause here's the sad part...

On Christmas Eve '87, while at relatives, someone broke into my house and relieved me of 3 of my guitars, including this one. Merry F'in Xmas, huh? At least our homeowners insurance covered them, so I was able to get my Model 6 with that - great guitar, but not what you see above...

So, all I have left is memories, these pics, and the original brass bridge... I hope whoever ended up with it can rip on the thing (my playing was hardly worthy...) and whoever stole it... well, haven't thought of a horrible enough punishment yet.....

ok, I need a beer now...

Re: my pre pro story - sad but true

tommy j,
    that blows cokk!!!!!!!! sorry about the theft.
    it is a beauty, christmas would be a butter knife in the neck if i lost something like that on it. you have a good attitude though.

tommy m
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

That is a sad story.....

Someone target your guitars or did they ransack the place?
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Man that is horrible Tom, There isn't a punishment bad enough for A-holes that do sh*t like that bro [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] !!May his balls become infested with fleas!!I hope you can someday find one you like as much or better [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I'm sparkin & havin a beer(or two) for you & that killer axe tonite dude [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !!Chucksplatter

Comment

you have a good attitude though.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, 15+ years after, you start to cool off about it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Someone target your guitars or did they ransack the place?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no, also stole a TV, microwave, my Sony Betamax (how's that for 80's? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).. all replaceable things... also a cool Strat I had, and another one I pieced together... but the Charvel loss really hurt (especially when I see what kind of $ they fetch nowadays!) All 3 guitars were right by the front door; I was gigging pretty heavily in those days, and would just bring them in and leave them right there. If I had it under the bed or something, who knows... might still have it today...
          I'm sparkin & havin a beer(or two) for you & that killer axe tonite dude !!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks guys! I didn't post this for sympathy, just thought you guys might dig the pics, and couldn't post without telling the story about why I don't have it anymore.

OK, I believe I'll have another as well [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, what a sweet looking guitar! Sorry to hear it got swiped.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What is a Sony Betamax? Sorry to hear about your guitar... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Willie, back in the old days, there were 2 sizes of Videocassettes, Beta, and VHS..VHS won.

Comment

Oh ok...I've heard of and seen quite a few Betas before, but I never knew they were called Betamax. Learn something new every day. Thanks bigboy.

Comment

Thats an unfortunate story. That was a sweet axe.

Guitar thieves are lower than horse thieves.

A did you know fact:

"BetaMax" is still around The small size and high quality of Beta was quickly adopted by broadcast professionals and is pretty much responsible for alot of the imagery that you see on TV today, although it is being supplanted by digital tape in the field such as DV and DVCAM..

Currently Beta can be found as an analogue tape called BetacamSP and a digital mastering format called DigitalBetacam

What does this have to do with guitars?.. nadda.. I'm a video editor. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That does suck. Wanna sell the brass trem?

Comment

Oh well. I'm going with black hardware then. I found some black chevron tuners but they don't have the mounting screw at 3 O'clock. I'm sure I've seen these at 5 O'clock too. Anybody know for sure?

Comment

I was waitin' for that!!!! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wanna sell the brass trem?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not really - I've been in a "project" mood for a while now, and could possibly use it in the near future for something... if I can find the damn arm for it...

Comment

Working...
                            X