Charvel San Dimas 25XX Sighted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel San Dimas 25XX Sighted

Okay, just passing on some info to anyone who cares.

I was in NYC yesterday, and I had some time to check out the guitar shops. Here's what I spotted in Chelsea Guitars on 23rd street, right next to the world (in)famous Chelsea Hotel.

White (and I'm talking bright white, not faded, not cream colored -- bright white) Charvel Strat head with San Dimas plate 25XX. (I'm not trying to hide the last two digits, I just can't remember 'em.) Ebony board, 22 frets, chrome Kahler, can't remember pup configuration, but I do remember there was a humbucker at the bridge. Logo on head is small black Charvel 3 tuners a side logo.

I had the dude pull it down and I looked it over== looks to be in great shape, even though it badly needs a good set up. in fact, the great shape kinda made me wonder if it was a refin. i asked, and the guy said no. But when I tell you it's bright white, I mean it. I don't know many white guitars that old (plate number puts it at 1983, am I correct?) that don't turn that mellow cream color with time. And oh yeah, almost forgot. The entire neck and strathead were also totally white. No natural wood to be seen anywhere. Anybody ever seen that before?

Again, I'm no expert on these things, so I'm just passing on the info. I asked the guy how much and he said, "Uh, 15 I think," and I don't think he mean 15 bucks. So, 1500 bucks and it could be yours!

If you're interested, you could easily get the number for the store from NYC information and give the place a call. And then let the rest of us know how it turns out!

Re: Charvel San Dimas 25XX Sighted

Guitar is 100% legit. Beautiful and mine [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Holy crap! That was fast!

What do you know about it? Did you stop in and buy it? Call em?

Details, please!

Comment

My good buddy Brett Coleman sent me a red alert email this morning after reading your post and I live 10 blocks away from the store and have been doing buisiness there for 25 years

Comment

If somebody will host a pic for me I'll send one in.

Comment

Email me a pic.

[email protected]

I might be able to get it hosted/posted for ya.

What else can you tell us about it? Did they make necks like that with full paintjobs?

Comment

way to go yoga, you make me proud to be a new yorker. this is cool, brett in texas cues the mighty christios in new york and a touchdown is attained. could be the friday spanker of the week.

tommy
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Even more funny....I knew about that guitar 2 weeks ago from a Kramer collector that saw some guy trade it in for something else. The original sale price was $1200, then it went to $1500.

I thought about going to see it....but I never heard of a Charvel with a painted neck. Plus it is not my style so I simply forgot about it.

Nice grab Yoga!!!!

Comment

OK I just sent pics to Hoss to post. Let me say that yes indeed Charvel made finished necks on a custom order which this guitar is. Also has an ebony fingerboard. Oh and for the record it came with a chrome Kahler that I assume is original because the SD volume knob was also chrome but the tone knob was changed to black at some time. In any event I had a Pat Appl'd For gold Kahler laying around so for now I switched it to that.P.S. yes they did make chrome hardware for custom orders and I have another one of those too which is 100% legit.

Comment

That's awesome! Can't wait to see pics. Can't believe I held a custom San Dimas in my hands and then walked out the door without it. Man, am I a tool!

Was that a good/fair price for such an item?

Oh, and do I get a finder's fee? Just kidding.

Comment

Great score Yoga [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !!Congrats!!Can't wait to see some pics!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Great job Chris. Glad it all worked out.

Brett

Comment

Nice heads up from Crankdaddy and Brett....

Good forum brothers...
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

You deserved it Chris! If you decide to do Chrome again, I may have a knob that is a match.

Comment

Go Yoga!! As everyone else, im dying to see the pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X