Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement saddles- Charvel/Floyd 590 (schaller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement saddles- Charvel/Floyd 590 (schaller)

hello- I just got Jackson Fusion Pro off ebay with a black Charvel/Floyd 590 by Schaller. On some of the bridge saddles, the string locking blocks are jammed forward and can't be moved back to fully insert the strings. Also, on some of them the black paint has worn off. I'd like to replace some or all of the saddles. I looked on different sights and am confused as to which replacement saddles to get.

On AllParts they have Floyd saddles listed as 1,2,3 for different strings. On GuitarPartsDepot they're listed as low, med, high. I'm guessing low is for lowE/highE strings, medium is for A/B, and high is for G/D. Is this correct?

2nd question- my saddles are a glossy black, does anyone know if the Floyd Original replacements will be glossy or flat?

3rd - GuitarParts depot has "liscensed" replacement saddles but they don't look the same. They appear to have the back part of the saddle shaved or notched off so they wouldn't match my others. Does anyone know if this is how they are? Here's the link... http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=ltremp

The parts for the official saddles are $15 so replacing all of them is out. Any help here is appriciated
    Karl

Re: Replacement saddles- Charvel/Floyd 590 (schaller)

1) that is correct. I forget right at the moment which number is high, medium and low.

2) the Schaller Floyd replacements from allparts.com are glossy black.

3) Couldn't say. Since you have the 590 I would get the allparts ones and just use the original screws that are on the 590 that the axe came with.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Re: Replacement saddles- Charvel/Floyd 590 (schall

Search for Schaller Floyd parts (today known as the "Floyd Rose II"). The JT-590 should be virtually identical to the Schaller stamped bridges.

Comment

Working...
      X