External graphic artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External graphic artist

I am thinking about my next custom order for my next Charvel. I know, Dan Lawrence is the graphic artist for the C/J custom shop, and he also did my Hot Wheel Flames.
    There's a British artist, and I like his artwork very much. I would like him to do the graphic for my next custom order.

There are two possibilities:
    The custom shop sends the guitar (body and matching headstock) to Britain for doing the artwork, and the artist sends the the painted body and headstock back to the custom shop. In this case, of have the original artwork of the original artist on the guitar.
    Or the artist provides the artwork and Dan Lawrence will copy it to the guitar. In this case, it's only a copy of the original artwork and not from the original artwork. This requires the artist to agree.

Upon request, does the custom shop cooperate with external artitst, even if the live in Britain?

Re: External graphic artist

I won't buy anything Fender. It's only pre Fender Jackson Charvel for my collection.

Comment

Toby, offhand I'd guess the latter is more likely doable. I'm pretty sure I've heard of them reproducing customer-supplied designs or artwork on custom shop orders before.

Only way to know for sure, though, is to ask a dealer to get in contact with the custom shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 81Dimarzio:
        I won't buy anything Fender. It's only pre Fender Jackson Charvel for my collection.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks for chiming in....this has what to do with the topic?

i'm with shred, toby....do you have a pic of the work you'd like to have done? i'm curious.

sully

[ September 23, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
          i'm with shred, toby....do you have a pic of the work you'd like to have done? i'm curious.
          sully
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The artwork does not exist yet. My ideas are based on existing artwort of this artist. And it must be arranged to fit a Charvel body. So the artist must do a separate artwork for me anyway. I have read here on JCF that the custom shop does not copy copyrighted artwork of other artists.

Comment

...but what about album covers, and stuff like that? that's certainly copyrighted, no?

keep us posted, toby, i love to see a good graphic.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

who is the british artist, out of interest? Im interested, being a Brit and all! Is it the guys from Overwater Guitars, they do graphics for Jacksons in the UK i think

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ians Beard:
                who is the british artist, out of interest? Im interested, being a Brit and all! Is it the guys from Overwater Guitars, they do graphics for Jacksons in the UK i think
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First I wanted to keep his name secret, to not encourage others for also having a painting from him. His name is Peter Pracownik. He does the best pagan artwork I have ever seen yet. I would like him to design a custom artwork for me.

The magical world of Peter Pracownik

[ November 02, 2003, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Toby ]

Comment

Good stuff. When you hsve the guitar finished make sure to post some pics.

Dont worry about who owns Jackson or who doesn't own Jackson. The quality is still there and will continue to be. Some people just cant handle change.

Comment

Working...
                  X