San Dimas Charvel Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Charvel Guitars

I need some advice on what these guitars are worth. 1st one is a Star body with maple/maple pointy headstock. Floyd. The guitar might be the most abused guitar I have ever seen. The body was originally 2 hums, but a 3rd hum was added (badly), the trem posts are so loose and the holes are oblong from being loose for years. The body has been routed by the neck plate to have better access to the high frets. The neck has 5 cracks behind the floyd nut, bad enough that when tension is on the neck it makes the cracks bigger. The second one is a strat body with maple/rosewood pointy. Floyd S/S/H. The body has several spots where there is damage to the finish, but overall I would call it a 7.5 or so. 3rd is a Charvel body, 2 hum with a floyd. Someone reccessed the floyd (badly) and the reccess is about 1/2" all around the entire floyd. (very ugly) Jackson neck, NO PLATE. Any advice would be great.

Re: San Dimas Charvel Guitars

not much not more than a couple of hundred, with that much damage to the wood sounds like they are only good for hardware

Comment

any other opinions?

Comment

Pictures would help Guess... had to tell with just words [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Considering the outragous prices some of us idiots have paid for firewood....

If you email me pics I will host them for you and get you some more opinions..

Kevin

[email protected]
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Yup, what Jamie said. From the descriptions they sound like firewood.

Comment

It is not so bad. the posts can be stablized. the only bad part is the shaving on the back, third pickup looks OK from here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , but still it is not a disfunctional guitar. I would say it would bring $600 to $1000. more or less. Cool Graphic

What is the serial number?

Comment

$600-1000 for real? its a POS maybe worth the price of the neckplate & OFR.

Comment

yeah i know but plates go for $2-300 & solid pointy necks go for $2-400 that neck is cracked in 5 spots badly according to the original post. so the neck is garbage & the body is close to garbage, IMO.

Comment

He emailed me the pic and I estimated $700, give or take. There's that in parts alone.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Who the hell routes a body like that?!? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Someone must have had serious problems (or really, really huge hands) not to be able to reach the 22nd fret. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Without looking at it as a re-sellable/cash-cow/"investment", but looking at it strictly as a guitar, I'd say that it's worth about $400 tops as-is. The shaving of the back doesn't affect the tone or the structural integrity. It looks bad and makes no sense and destroys the marketability and means you can't get $2500 for it, but so what?
                        The neck is most likely toast, or close enough to it that you can smell grits and bacon cookin'.
                        If you paid someone to repair it, it'd be fairly expensive and might not even work.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the body mods hurt and we can not see the neck in full. 600-700 would be ok...
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

IMHO It's just my view [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

heck there is a Pointy Charvel Neck including a Plate on the Bay right now for over $350

[ September 10, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

Charvel Stars and Explorers are somewhat difficult to play up around the 20th - 22nd frets. You almost have to play with the guitar at and awkward angle to get in there. So the mod, while ugly and a shame, makes sense if the person who did it had a hard time playing it.

Also, are you sure the neck pickup was not also added? Most two humbucker guitars came with a full sized toggle switch as opposed to a mini.

I think it is a cool guitar.
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X