George L Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L Cables

I recently decided to switch to George L cables on my rig and now my wireless (Shure L4) is extra noisy now. Anyone every run into this problem or have an idea what would cause that?

Thanks, Dave

Re: George L Cables

no problem with george,L's here, very quiet.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Maybe you didn't get a good connection on one when putting the cables together.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm willing to bet its a bad connection.go through each one, you'll probablly need reterminate a connectore or two.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll go through them all. I went with everything George L. That includes all patch cables between pedals and to and from the amps. Looks like I've got a lot a work ahead of me.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

As far as the assembly process of the cables, I have a pair of the wire cutters that George L's sells, but I actually prefer to just use a sharp utility knife. I place the wire on a wood block and make a quick, clean, even cut to the wire. Then to attach the plugs, I follow George L's instructions exactly. When doing a large setup with several cables (like a pedalboard), I also audibly test each cable to make sure it works properly before I move on to assembling the next cable. The little time to do that extra step can prevent a lot of headaches down the road.

If the assembly process is done correctly, they are awesome, very convenient cables IMO.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense,less work in the long run.
              I got lucky and had his wife make mine.My booth was right next to theirs at a guitar show, hows that for luck?
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X