Looking for opinions here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for opinions here

I was thinking of putting gold hardware on my Reissue Bullseye Charvel....might look good, might not.

I want to have two bodies painted....one single hum and one double hum. Both are 1984 San Dimas pointies.

Throw some ideas at me please. I have stopped buying...now I just want to finish projects and maybe give one guitar a new look.

I already have a Hot Rod Flames coming...so that is out.

Thanks guys.
    Monte

Re: Looking for opinions here

Give the hardware a shot .. I preferred the blcak hardware myself .. I know the Tracy swapped out his Floyd for a chrome one and it looked fine..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

as for finishes....do you mean you want a typical SD graphic like a bullseye or rising sun or are you open for anything? If you have the bucks, I'd go all out and get a graphic that no one else has Get the cover of an album of one of your favorite guitar heroes or something.

Comment

Kevin....I have a chrome set too...so I might look at it both ways. Can't hurt.

L...that is a good idea. I want a VH II paint job...but the only spare body I have (that I can put a strat head neck on) is a 2 hum....never saw a striped 2 hum guitar.

I have a one hum pointy, but might leave it alone. Not sure.

Kevin....What pickup is in your bullseye? a EVH?
        Thanks
        Monte

Comment

monte,
          do whatever makes YOU feel good.
          i love hotrod flames, eddie stripes, lightning bolts, blood drips, blood drips with the skull,
          bud logo's, chicks,cartoons,GOLD SPARKLE,harlequine paint from the auto store, you name it, and i love it. have fun.
          tommy
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yeah Lloyd had one custom wound for me for doing the bullseye project with him. Sounds great in this guitar too ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
            X