v early san dimas charvel strat enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v early san dimas charvel strat enquiry

Hi, just dropping by to ask expert advice.

I've got a Charvel strat (black) that I bought around 1990 2nd hand in a shop in the UK where I still live. I've gone through the San Dimas Charvel website and it seems to tie up with a pre-serial number very early Charvel. It has 1 3/4 inch gold Charvel logo (no TM) on black headstock. 3 strat style pickups, 3 position selector switch, vol, tone all brass hardware, has had a reasonable amount of wear. The tremolo matches exactly a picture on the web site although the arm is black (screw in) and has a bend at a slightly different point. There is no back plate covering the springs.

A few years ago I refretted it & replaced the nut & string holder downer in the headstock (changed from circular thing to rectangular thing). The neckplate is bog-standard silver that has been partially worn away to black. I've moved away completely from being a strat player and this has a bit to high action for me - although I'm sure someone more capable could fix this. It has a really superb sound on the higher strings but the low E & A are a bit more normal.

If this is indeed an early San Dimas Charvel, does anyone have any idea on how best to pass this on to a better home and how much it might be worth?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: v early san dimas charvel strat enquiry

Me first please.If you have pics please send them to
    [email protected]

Comment

Well value is somewhere between $700 and $1200 depending on pickup config trem etc ... Pictures would ber great .. if you need help posting you can email em to me at [email protected]
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks for the interest, I will get back to you with pictures at some point. I've got to have a look and see if I've got any anywhere otherwise I have to use an old analogue camera and that might take a while so hold tight!

BTW it has a laquered fretboard. The neck is a beautiful piece of wood (maple probably) and as it has been refretted & cleaned, the fretboard looks pretty well like new.

Comment

Working...
        X