Fender Micro-Tilt adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Micro-Tilt adjustment?

I've got an '01 USA Double Fat Strat Hardtail that I love the sound of, but I'm not that crazy with how close to the body my picking hand is... I'm more used to the tilted neck angle of a Les Paul and older Jackson/Charvel-type guitars with non-recessed trems that put the bridge higher off the body. Plus, the action is not as low as I'd like at the higher frets without fretting out. I guess I'm going to have to raise the bridge saddles and utilize the micro-tilt feature so the neck can be pitched back like I would prefer. I know you've got to loosen the neck bolts a little bit, but which way do I turn the micro-tilt adjustment? And do I then have to tighten the bolts back to where they were before? I've also read somewhere that you only have to loosen two of the neck screws and not all four, but I'm not sure and don't want to screw anything up, so any help is appreciated, as I've never done this before. Thanks!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Fender Micro-Tilt adjustment?

Joe, You have to loosen all for mounting screws, then turn the allen screw in clockwise to sharpen the neck angle, then re-tighten the mounting screws. Actually, it's better to not use the little screw, and shim the neck as you would with any other. The screw creates a gap between the body and neck, which I personally don't like..
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Cool beans. Thanks, Mark!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My 96 G&L Legacy has that micro-tilt also.

Comment

I've got an early 90s custom shop ESP Mirage with a recessed trem. I didn't think I was getting enough trem travel with it plus I'm more used to non-recessed trems, so I shimmed the neck on the body end. This caused me to have to me raise the height of the bridge, which made for a more sensible setup IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X