New Charvel USA Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel USA Guitars

Ok, Before I get blasted/flamed/beaten down, let me tell you a little about my situation. I work in a Music store in Phoenix AZ. As you know FMIC is based here in the Phoenix area. The shop I work in is the Largest Independent Fender dealer in the southwest. (AZ, NV, NM). The Rep for Fender/Charvel-Jackson/Gretsch was in today. The skinny is.....
    As of January 2004 NAMM, the Japan Charvels will be discontinued and all Charvels will be American Made. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The are offering special blowout deals on the Japan guitars to get ready for this.
    My first Question was "strat headstocks???"
    He said it was to early to tell but the decision has been made to make Charvels in Ontario.
    Just thought you'd like to know.......
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Re: New Charvel USA Guitars

Chanting to myself: "...please do it right, please do it right..." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes, please, stratheads! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm .this must go with the email I got from Brian telling me that winter NAMM was gonna be big
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Wow, very interesting news....can't wait to see how they do this....if they won't do Strat heads I say they should stick with pointies...just like the old days...

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
          ....if they won't do Strat heads I say they should stick with pointies...just like the old days...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or, at the very least, allow stratheads for custom shop orders. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

P.S.- I think it'd be kind of weird for them to kill off the import line completely. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ August 26, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Hmmm that would be why in the e-mail from Brian I got he said that big things were happening with Charvels.

Both thumbs up!!!!!
            Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                P.S.- I think it'd be kind of weird for them to kill off the import line completely. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that would be strange...they still have import Jacksons....too bad they didn't do it right the first time and differentiate properly the import and US lines....but I guess the new Charvel imports haven't exactly been a success story...

Comment

[but I guess the new Charvel imports haven't exactly been a success story... [/QB][/QUOTE]
                  I thinks that is right on the money. He seemed to be under the impression they wanted to do somthing else with Charvel than what AMIC had done with it. Bringing Charvel back to American production seems to be the 2nd Step. (25th anniv being first). He did seem very sure that the imports were going away.....

You heard it here first...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 27, 2003, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: toddstaples ]
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Must wait and see [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Ontario has been busy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    Winter NAMM not to far away

[ August 27, 2003, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Hossman ]

Comment

This is a step in the right direction.
                      Great news, can't wait to see what's in store.
                      So far FMIC has done things right IMHO, don't have reason to believe they will screw this one up.
                      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I already have my work order filled out and ready to go! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I really believe that FMIC is on track here. Good things take time, and they have continued to make positive steps (IMO) since they aquired Jackson.

I have owned many Fender relics, and I must say that the quality and attention to detail on the relics is amazing. FMIC are definately capable of producing quality guitars.

Comment

no reply from atomic charvel guy,
                          to busy jerking off with both hands!!!
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Tommy, who's typing for ya?Must your man servant Frenchy. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Stratheads are in our future boys.
                            Dave S

Comment

typing telepathically,
                              while thinking about chloe jones and stratheads.
                              spanko
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X