• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6048 arrived yesterday

Thats Wicked Cool!!!!
    Love the headstock!!

Off the charts, Bro!!

Re: 6048 arrived yesterday

That has got to be the ugliest POS I have ever seen....you should send it to me so I can rid you of any further misery [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That is way fugging cool...congratulations!!!
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

WOW! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I mean, like... WOW!

Holy s**t, man, that is absolutely killer! And it's obvious from the work order that you sweated the details! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Congrats!

(Side note: it is so not fair that a real strathead was possible just because you're overseas. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] )

Comment

6048 arrived yesterday

Yesterday, my new baby arrived. She plays dreamlike and sounds great. The long wait was it worth.
        Thanks to the custom shop crew for excellent craftsmanship and great support.

Here are some pics. I hope to be able to provide better pics soon.

The matching headstock finish is designed by myself.

Here is the work order form with the specs listed. It doesn't show that I Later upgraded the fretboard wood from rosewood to brazilian rosewood.

Comment

Nice Toby, really nice!!!....

Don't worry Shreddermon, being overseas ain't all it's cracked up to be..give my the same $ price on guitars and I'll be happy...for what I paid for some guitar you could go nuts at the Custom Shop and still have change.... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Super cool! Is that guitar 1 5/8 at the nut?

Comment

Never mind, I see it now..

Comment

so you can't get a strat head in usa but you can overseas( although i prefer pointys)the matching paint on the headstock is killer though! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Very nice. I can't believe that Fender will not let them do it for the the US market. I think that they are FUCT.

Now allow me to excuse myself to wipe the drool off the keyboard.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The headstock flames totally make that guitar.

Very sweet, dude.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats. That kicks major ass!!!! I also love the three on/off switches instead of the five-way. And the matching headstock definitely rules, too! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ August 24, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow... that's sweet. I always liked the hot wheel flames, though I'd never get one like that, and would never play it live...

It sure looks sweet though. Good order!
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That looks just like the pictures you drew a year ago [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Congrads Great Design and Great guitar --- CONGRADS -- Now get some sleep as you have been waiting a long time for this one [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

About the Strat head. Afaik, the Fender rights on the Strat head apply in the USA and maybe some other countries, but not all over the world. They don't apply in Europe. This means, even if a manfucturer is not licensed to sell Strat heads in the USA, he may legally sell them in Europe. Because of this I was lucky to get a Strat head. Since now Fender owns JCMI, it's up to Fender to decide if the custom shop can do any more Strat heads. What I heard is that Fender said that my Strat head is gonna be the last one. Let's see.
                            Now there are the 25th anniversary Charvels, and this is a great chance to pick up a Strat head.

Comment

I USUALLY don't like strats. I USUALLY don't like flames...

But DAMN!!

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                              I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Working...
                              X