Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SAN DIMAS STRATHEAD NECK EXPERTS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SAN DIMAS STRATHEAD NECK EXPERTS...

This neck came on a parts mutt I got some time ago...It had OBVIOUSLY been drilled through for the 2 allen bolts to hold a Floyd-type locking nut at one time, but is fitted with a Wilkenson roller nut now, and has had NUMEROUS tuner, string tree and what-the-hell holes drilled...It is 22 frets, and the truss rod opening at the top is plugged and the truss rod adjusts from the heel...

I HATE being a BANDWIDTH PIG, and will PULL these pics as SOON as I get a QUALIFIED ANSWER from a PERSON{S} in THE KNOW...

...is it a SAN DIMAS NECK ??...or NOT ???

PLEASE let me know at [email protected]

Re: QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SAN DIMAS STRATHEAD NECK EXPERTS...

looks good to me [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

How ya doin Doc??

Comment

..."EXCELLENT, Smithers...EXCELLENT !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "

Hey, Hoss...Do you think - FOR REAL - it's a 22 fret C/J neck ??

...and - PLEASE...CALL ME this weekend, Hoss - at the 303-421-5150 number...

Comment

Doc, it looks good to me.

there were a few other necks that were very similar but were NOT SD charvel. some of the early Dimarzio (made by charvel MFG), & early chandler stuff is very close. obviously mighty mite & boogie bodys neck are also very close.

Comment

Yeah that looks good ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thumbs up here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i would have to agree as well...looks pretty much exactly like the two i own...good score doc...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Definitely looks like a CJ neck, but I don't know if there's a way to differenciate between the SD and Ontario necks with so many holes drilled onto the face of the headstock.

One thing I've noticed is that many of the earlier Charvel SD headstocks have only the single button string retainer, and later ones and Jacksons had the string retainer bar.

That fretboard almost looks like Wenge to me.

[edit] Oh, I do know that many of the SD Charvel maple/maple necks had the brass side-fret markers, but I don't know if any of the rosewood/ebony/custom fretboards used them, even early on.

[ August 17, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

"and the truss rod opening at the top is plugged and the truss rod adjusts from the heel..."

Why?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Retarded couples should not have retarded babies!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The trussrod cap on the headstock is too short.

Comment

The truss rod cap on the headstock is PARTIALLY HIDDEN by the little "wedge" that is spacing up the roller nut...

Comment

Working...
                      X