Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring codes with Jackson and Duncan pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring codes with Jackson and Duncan pickups?

I will be installing a Duncan Full Shred with some Jackson twin rail (looks alot like Hot Rails actually) i my Model 375.

I recall someone saying that Jackson and Duncan have the same color code but is there polarity issues as well?

Will this be a standard procedure?

Thanks!

Re: Wiring codes with Jackson and Duncan pickups?

no, see chart

series = wiring B & D together.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

If you get polarity issues, you could probably just switch the black and green on the Duncan.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I will be installing a Duncan Full Shred with some Jackson twin rail (looks alot like Hot Rails actually) i my Model 375.

I recall someone saying that Jackson and Duncan have the same color code but is there polarity issues as well?

Will this be a standard procedure?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.. the Red and White wires are identical in function (either solder together and tape away or use for splitting applications). THe bkack and green are swapped around though.

In other words, hookup is essentially identical, but if you run into phase issues swap the black and green on either the Jackson or the duncan, and they should be solved as well..

BUT: those codes refer to the older Jackson USA pickups... "some jackson Twin Rail" is almost certainly not one of them, becasue J/C had no rail pickups in that era.... so all of the info on the Jackson PU may be worthless...

Comment

ive always hooked up my jackson pickups the exact same as my duncans and they've always worked fine

Comment

Working...
          X