Pointed-headstock Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointed-headstock Charvels?

Hey, if any of you are familiar with a TSO shirt, with a Charvel against a brick wall, snow on the ground, and a rose around the guitar - the guitar is blue, maple fretboard, one humbucker, trem, pointed headstock, and ebony dot inlays...I was thinking about that guitar...and was looking at Charvels on the site, and noticed, there are no pointed headstocks! Sorry for being so behind on the times, but what happened?

Cheers,
    Nick

Re: Pointed-headstock Charvels?

I've got the shirt...are you talking about the TSO site? There are a couple of live pics with pointy Charvels there.

Comment

Sorry for not being clear...I meant the Jackson/Charvel site...they don't seem to sell any pointy Charvels anymore...

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

They really haven't had pointy Charvels in a very long time. They just came back with the Charvel line last year with the pseudo Strathead like on the Phil Collen models. You could always get a Custom Shop made pointy head with a Charvel logo, though, like Kevin Maynard did:

Or this limited edition came out last year from GuitarXpress:

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So, if I ordered a Charvel, would it be made at the Jackson factory, or somewhere else? I was wondering...just because there isn't really a Charvel custom shop order form, or anything like that, so I didn't know if the Charvel line would just be made at the Jackson factory, thus, the guitars really just being a Jackson, with a different design, and Charvel written on the headstock.

Cheers,
          Nick

Comment

Would be made at the Charvel/Jackson factory ...
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

A little history on the TSO Charvel guitar that you're speaking of. That guitar is a variation of the "Streets" guitar on the Savatage album of the same name. It's symbolism is in memory of the late guitarist Criss Oliva.

By the way... I have the shirt..
              Occupy JCF

Comment

The shirt...

Sorry, just got a new digital camera and I can't help myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] yup, the color's bright, like you used a flash or something...or maybe your shirt is just old and worn...but yup, that's it.

Cheers,
                  Nick

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Sexy guitar... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ August 10, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Misanthrope189 ]

Comment

That's also an import charvel in the picture ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'd classify it as a mutt. (an imports mutt, but a mutt) Oliva either had guitars custom made, or he took the Legend neck and a Predator body...
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

What makes it an import?

Cheers,
                        Nick

Comment

Script logo...

I'm actually going to look more into the original guitar that that painting is based off of. Criss was a Charvel/Jackson endorsee. I am sure some of the rest of us would be interested in the origins and make of it.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

It looks to me like a 90/91 Charvel Predator.But,i've also yet to see a Predator with a maple fingerboard like the ones that Criss played.By the way Criss ruled!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[ August 11, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Axegrinder ]
                            Gear
                            '88 Charvel Model 6
                            '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                            '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                            '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                            '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

I belive Criss' guitars were mutts. Predator body, but a Legend neck..
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X