Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose springclaw screws-help?

hey guys,

While i was working on the Floyd today on my Eclipse, i noticed that the two springclaw screws set in the mahogony body were a little loose. Like, you could wiggle them while their set in the body.

Is that normal? and is there ever a possibility of the scpringclaw scres to ever rip out? And if so, how does one take care of it?

What should i do with my screw wiggles?

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

And is it ok to turn the Floyd post screws (to set string height and whatnot), with the Floyd on, strings set to pitch? or is that bad on the posts and eventually wear them out?

Re: Loose springclaw screws-help?

In regards to the spring claw, remove the two screws and plug the holes with some toothpicks and wood glue.

When the glue has totally dried (at least 12 hours) trim the extra toothpicks (a nail clipper works well in those tight places) and then reinstall the spring claw.

As for tightening the Floyd while installed, I have done that for years with no damage. Assuming that you only need a few degress of turn all should be fine. After all they are supposed to be hardened so I would not worry much.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X