Neck Heel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Heel questions

hey guys, i got this 24 fret neck for my warrior from ebay recently. I'm no expert, but most of the necks that i've seen were rounded at the heel. Does anyone see anything wrong here?
    thanks

Re: Neck Heel questions

You'd have to re-route the neck pocket to fit that one for sure!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Is that a laminated neck? And what's witht hat weird seam, I see in the shot, underneath the red marking? What does the rest of the neck look like? Interesting.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

How hard would it be to re-route the neck pocket?

btw, sorry, i'm a rookie and i don't know anything about this neck except that i think it looks like maple.
        Heres some more pictures of the neck.

Comment

That's not a Jackson neck.
          Binding is wrong, no scarf joint and it was probably chopped up to fit on a 22 fret Fender body.
          That would explain the added piece of lumber on the end.
          -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            That's not a Jackson neck.
            Binding is wrong, no scarf joint and it was probably chopped up to fit on a 22 fret Fender body.
            That would explain the added piece of lumber on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were chopped up to fit a Fender, the heel wouldn't be square.

Jackson or not, it looks like a nice neck to me.
            What are you using it on?

Comment

I was going to put it on a Warrior WRXT body, but do you think i could get it to fit?
              thanks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I was going to put it on a Warrior WRXT body, but do you think i could get it to fit?
                thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about anything can be made to work.
                If it requires alot of modifications, you'll just have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it or not.

First thing you should do is determine whether the neck and body are the same scale.

Comment

Okay, but i still don't have the body yet, it should arrive on tuesday. I'll post some pictures, because i'm just learning about this now, and wouldn't know how to tell what the scales are.
                  thanks!

Comment

Okay, here's the thing: A strat has a curved back wall in it's neck pocket. A Tele has a flat one, and so do certain other types of guitars, many are lower-end, and imports. I'm not sure, but it possibly looks like someone ground down the end of this neck, so as to fit in a flat walled pocket, be it a Tele or other, which might be why it looked like those horizontal stripes were layers, like a laminate. IT COULD just be from the grinding/sanding process, to flatten that area. I don't think that added piece of lumber was there to make it fit on anything, since the joint isn't even , it's at an angle. It might've been like that, from the factory. Kind of a crappy, quality control, thing.
                    MY guess is that, in spite of the flattened heel, you can get this thing to fit. From what I've read, a Tele neck will fit on a strat. You just have an airgap between the two. Cosmetically, of course, that is not gonna look pretty. Maybe we can supply better help, once you get it. Keep us posted.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Okay great! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Curious, is THIS where you got it? Looks identical. I think I even see that weird seam, in one of the pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/24F-MAPLE-GUITAR-NEC...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, if it IS, they DO say they have a 7 day, 100% satisfaction guarantee.....hmm...
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Wow that does look just like mine. That particular place is not where i got it, but it might be the same place that made it. Heres where i got mine http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

Ah, you never know, it might work out, just fine. And as for the possible gap between the pocket and the neck, since it IS a 24 fret, with an overhang, you SHOULD never see it. It DOES say 2-3/16", so there will more than likely be a gap, ther, too. Most J/Cs are 2-1/4", in width. I reccomend readin up on the "Will a ____ neck fit on a _____ body?" thread, at the top, for tips and help.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Sweet thanks!
                              One more thing, does the fingerboard on my neck look like rosewood?

Comment

Working...
                              X