Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Tremolo Stabilizers".....here's 3.....which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tremolo Stabilizers".....here's 3.....which one?

Hello-
    OK, so I want a "tremolo stabilizer" (so the tremol-no is out). I've read the other thread and narrowed it down to three that are readily available. Here they are with their web links.....

HIPSHOT TREMSETTER http://www.hipshotproducts.com/tremsetter.htm

ESP ARMING ADJUSTER http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm

ROCKINGER BLACK BOX http://www.rockinger.com/index.html?lang=ENG

They all are very similar with the most notable diffenence being that the tremsetter is the only one that requires drilling a hole and that actually attaches to the trem block. So installation wise the tremsetter looks to be the most difficult (but even this one won't take much skill).

So.....anyone want to tell us which one they prefer? Can you tell me why one would be better than the other? I'm going to buy one of them this week and just wanted to know if anyone has used them and what they think. I read the other thread and it seems like there's a lot of people using the tremsetter, but I haven't found much on the other two.

Thanks, Karl

Re: \"Tremolo Stabilizers\".....here\'s 3.....which one?

They all look similar in function, and the price differences aren't huge, so for me personally, it would boil down to the casting process and what metals are used.

I'm not sure how you would go about finding that out though.

Comment

Re: \"Tremolo Stabilizers\".....here\'s 3.....which one?

The Hipshot unit is stamped steel; the hooks are stamped zinc.
      The ESP unit is probably cast zinc or steel.
      The Rockinger unit looks to be chrome plated cast zinc.

The ESP and Rockinger both look to be the least invasive and easiest to install and setup.

Comment

Hipshot tremsetter.
        I have them in A JT-580, JT-580LP, original floyd, floyd II. schaller & the crap fender strat trems.
        I have had great luck with them.
        Oh, wilkinson also..

Comment

Floyd Rose has one that comes with the trem if you buy aftermarket.Piece of cake to install and works flawlessly.
          A small block of wood glued to the front of the trem route works good too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nothing better has come out since 2006?? Man that sux..
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The Hipshot is probably the best out of them. Personally, they all kill the feel of your trem. I personally hate them and I am a HUGE trem user.
              I don't have a single hardtail guitar.

Comment

I made something like this that works awesome for a total of $1.09 at the hardware store!

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I've used all three, and some others, and the esp is the best of these listed. The esp and rockinger perform almost identical but the esp is a lot easier to install. One mounting screw on the rockinger is under the spring so to install it accurately you have to take it apart to install it. The rockinger is hard to get in the states but there is a guy that imports them and puts them on ebay. The tremsetter is hard to install and requires you to drill a hole in your body behind the spring claw to mount it and it's really hard to adjust. The ibanez backstop is another one to check out but really hard to find, it feels a little more solid and is easier to adjust. You will feel the centered position in all these as sort of a detent if you go from a dive to pulled up position but I am a big fan of stabailizers.

Comment

Working...
                  X