sustainiac - Custom Shop option Vs. Pre-fitted DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sustainiac - Custom Shop option Vs. Pre-fitted DK2

What's the difference between these two? there's also a humbucker version - is that just a single coil with an empty single coil attached to the rear?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: sustainiac - Custom Shop option Vs. Pre-fitted

They are the same unit.
    I personaly prefer the Jackson (Floyd Rose) sustainer over the Sustainiac, but it is a bit more $$$ for that option.
    The Sustainiac humbucker driver can either have a dummy pup (standard) in it or you can use a stacked or mini humbucker in the dummy slot. You cannot put a standard single coil in the dummy space though as it will interfere with the sustainer driver.
    -Rick

Comment

thanks. any pix of the jackson system and ballpark figure of how much it costs? in what ways is it better than the sustainiac?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Look at any PC1... they have the Jackson system in them.
        The CS charge for one is $960... now that's the retail price, but it will give you an idea.
        I prefer the Jackson because of the way it responds.
        The attack on the Sustainiac is a bit slower and not as responsive. Just my opinion of course.
        A Fernandez FSK-401 is a direct replacement for a Jackson system (meaning no body mods required)except it's only a 9v unit while the Jackson sustainer is an 18v unit. You can get one for about $200 to $250 on ebay.
        -Rick

Comment

Working...
        X