Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artists original Charvels. Where are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artists original Charvels. Where are they?

Guys I Ask this ? every so often and never get an answer, so here goes [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyone know what happened to some of the original charvels that Vivian Campbell, or Warren Dimartini had?

I see a LOT of Dimartini Crossed swords replicas floating around, but where is the original? I have never seen any of Vivs, though I'm having one made now, I have never even heard of anyone having a replica done.

Some others that come to mind are the guys from Lizzy Borden, Stryper, and I beleive one guy from Warrant had one with money on it.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Artists original Charvels. Where are they?

I believe that Warren still has all of his original Charvels. He did give one to the Hard Rock Cafe, though. I also believe that a couple of Vivians were refinned and then who knows. I do know that Stryper definitely refinned a bunch of their guitars and a couple of Michael Sweets were stolen. Largely, the answer to you question is: A lot of them are still out there, somewhere!! I think that the majority of them are owned by underground collectors or they went to Japan. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know if EVH still has his VH-1 and 2 Strats, or if Vai still has Green Meanie, but I do know that one of Chris Holmes' Stars was destroyed by Lita Ford (don't know if it was the yellow Charvel Star or a Jackson).
      And I think Oz Fox had a Charvel while Sweet only had Jacksons - I could be mistooken.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        I do know that one of Chris Holmes' Stars was destroyed by Lita Ford (don't know if it was the yellow Charvel Star or a Jackson).
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought it was the Bud star that was destroyed by Lita and thrown in a dumpster.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Both Oz and Mike played Jacksons. Mike played mostly RR's and OZ had an asortment of Kellys and Soloists, and a few strats. And I think a KV.
          Unless i'm hylusinating again.
          "mmmmmmmmmm beer"
          Gil

Comment

Then what was the Bud he had for the interview pics? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And I think that Star that was thrown in a dumpster was a forum member. I thought Lita had just burned that one (not sure if she may have thrown it in a dumpster, or if she just left it smoldering).

And Oz had a Charvel that looks like the current ESP Explorer thingy - it's on the back of the Soldiers Under Command LP.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
              Holmes' Original Bud star was destroyed by Lita, That is My Budweiser star he has been using.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                And Oz had a Charvel that looks like the current ESP Explorer thingy - it's on the back of the Soldiers Under Command LP.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, you are right, it was a Charvel, and ESP ripped that design off, too.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X