Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone take a look for me at this case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone take a look for me at this case?

Both of my 3DR's came with Gig Bags. I would like to get them a case and this one on e-bay looks to be similar to the one that fits my predator. My 3DR firecrackle fits PERFECTLY in the predator case so maybe I'll be ok with this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Reverse-Case...bayphotohosting

Re: Can someone take a look for me at this case?

It's tough to say. I bought a similar grey case with the older Charvel logo on it and the 3DR I had did not fit in it... the case was a bit too short, by about a 1/2". Either the case was designed for a short scale fusion (but I didn't think they made a Charvel on with a reverse headstock), or the case was designed for a shorter 3DR. I remember someone here saying the 3DR's overall length did change during production.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

A few of the 3DR's had a bit longer necks because they used a Floyd type (Kahler branded) lock nut, instead of the "behind the nut" style Kahler. I have owned quite a few 3DR's, and this was the case on three of them. (one which I still have! thanks heartfielder!)
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

This is probably what you have. That's why it won't fit in the standard cases.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Can someone take a look for me at this case?

mm2002, you're right on. i think that's it. kahler toplock.

it might be yanked for a floyd, i found a chrome one as i really don't care for the jt-6. will it be OK with a floyd toplock?

Thanks a lot for the responses.

Jay

Comment

there are different chainsaws for the Floyded and Kahler style necks, as well as for 22 vs. 24 fret necks...

It MAY fit, but the chance is about 25% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW: why somewone would remove a fully functioning Kahler "nut lock" (Floyd Style) and replace it with an OFR nut is entirely beyond me....

If it were causing issues ok, but if something´s not broke and already has high quality parts it´s kind of asinine IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know why people want to change a perfectly good nut.
              The kahler nuts are great.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

JZ06, FYI, the $40 buy it now price is reasonable on this, however the $30 shipping is high for an empty case. It should be more in the range of $15 to $20. If you are interested in this case, I'd email the seller and try to negotiate (before you buy) the shipping cost based on your location.

Comment

Working...
                X