Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jackson sl-4 - changing pickups - f-spaced??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson sl-4 - changing pickups - f-spaced??

hey, been a long time since ive been on here, but i know u guys can help me out
    im looking to change the pickups in my import jackson (sl-4)
    thinking of dimarzio paf joe(neck) and dimarzio tone zone(bridge) wired split coil. found the pickups for under $60us each, but im unsure if i need the fspaced version for my sl-4. I looked down the string path on the stock pickups and it seems like the bridge pickup is spaced slightly different. is this fspacing? any help would be greatly appreciated- TY

Re: jackson sl-4 - changing pickups - f-spaced??

Your SL-4 has a floyd-type bridge. Floyds have similar spacing to fender bridges, so you'd need the F-spaced pickup for the bridge position. You can get away with normal spacing at the neck position.

By the way, my Ibanez RG1320 comes with a Tone Zone in the bridge and it sounds very good.

Comment

thank you so much. i was sbout to order a regular spaced bridge pickup and i thought i'd ask. you saved me a heep of trouble!

Comment

Measure between the pole. Regular spaced is 1 15/16" from the center of E pole to the center of E pole. F is over 2" wide - I've gotten different widths from different companies, but they are all wider than 2".

Comment

Working...
        X