Charvel / GMW neck measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel / GMW neck measurements

Can anyone provide me with the neck measurements of a 22 fret S- Head neck (san Dimas Charvel or GMW)

Thanks in advance...

Re: Charvel / GMW neck measurements

Chuck I have 2 strathead necks here. One is a San Dimas charvel the other is a Jackson woodburn logo on heal so its legit. the both measure 1 5/8" nut & 2 1/8" at the heal. they are both thin & i guess they would be considered flatspot in feel, since the backs do kinda flatten in the middle but not as flat as some pointys ive had. That may also be an illusion since the pointys ive had were much wider necks, & i never actually measured any of the necks accept for width.

Comment

I don't suppose you have a sett of calipers to take thickness measurments like at the nut, 12th, and heel?

Any help appreciated..

Comment

Ck'd any ebony board strathead. it was 21.5mm @ 12th fret and 30.5mm @ heel
        Maple one 21.5mm @12th.....31.0mm @ heel
        that was a snug fit,maybe not 100% accurate

[ May 27, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: STARGUITAR ]

Comment

Thanks Starguitar.. Does anyone have some PrePro(21 fretter) measurements for comparison?

I measured an '81 neck but it sure seems small in comparison to those sizes you gave me Star.
          I came up with:

15mm at the nut
          18mm at the 12th
          21mm at the heel.

That sure sounds awfully small compared to that 22 fretter [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I was measuring the whole thing. right from the dot to back of neck. Maybe heel to overhand would be around that size?.
            Will be interested to see what others find out??

[ May 27, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: STARGUITAR ]

Comment

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
              Thanks Starguitar.. Does anyone have some PrePro(21 fretter) measurements for comparison?

I measured an '81 neck but it sure seems small in comparison to those sizes you gave me Star.
              I came up with:

15mm at the nut
              18mm at the 12th
              21mm at the heel.

That sure sounds awfully small compared to that 22 fretter [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">my '81 was 17mm at the nut and 19 at the 12th fret?

Comment

they will all differ a little due to the tolerences of making them on a pin router

Comment

Does anyone know what radius the 21 fretters were?

Mine felt like no other neck I ever played before I don't think that had mucch to do with the radius as much as it had to do with the shape of the neck.

I guess mine was a "soft C"??? Anyone else??

Comment

Yeah Rich, They were both 22 fretters I measured. Don't have a 21 fret neck. It makes sense cause you figure the fretboard overhangs the body and is at least 4 or 5 mm thick in itself. I think most neckpockets probobly are close to 19mm so I guess the 21 fret necks just exceed that by a couple of mm.......Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X