Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a OFR be able to replace a Edge III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a OFR be able to replace a Edge III?

Would I be able to replace a Edge III with a OFR or a edge lo-pro or something?

Going to buy a RG350DX I think, and it comes with a seemingly horrible Edge III so I might replace it eventually, wondering if the cavity would fit a OFR... anyone have any idea?

Re: Would a OFR be able to replace a Edge III?

Sorry, I don't know but you should try to ask or search from Jemsite www.jemsite.com There is a lot of people that probably know since people are asking these questions there quite often.

Comment

Yes, it will drop in, but why would you want to? I HAVe an RG with the EDGE III, and it is a great trem. I honestly understand why some of you guys are knocking it, especially when you don't even OWN one. Sheesh, give the thing a chance, first, and stop listening to the haters. You the same guy who posted this, on Jemsite?
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Yeah, Edge trems rock!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

dont think I posted this on jemsite..

I have an Edge Trem I, its amazing.. better than OFR, but yea I guess im kinda skeptical about the Edge III.. we'll see when it gets here I guess

Comment

The Edge 3 isn't their best trem but its still damn good. Ibanez doesn't make a crappy double locking trem.
            If you are gonna spend the money for an OFR upgrade you should look into the Low Pro intead.
            I have never had a problem with any Ibanez double locking trem. They are very stable and very reactive.

Comment

While I woudn't quite put the Edge III in the same field as the original Edge (like on my old RG550), it IS a great trem. I WILL say that I HAD an RG320 that had the Lo-TRS II on it, and I HATED it. It wouldn't stay in tune to save it's life, so I promptly returned it, and that' show I ended up with the Edge III. Not a big fan of the push-in bar, but I STILL ike it better than the Lo-TRS II's bar, that woudn't stay tight, in it's spot. Springs were much too stiff, on it, too. Couldn't get the response I was looking for, with it, and got zero warbles out of it, too. Different story, with the Edge III.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
              X