Crown Head Gotohs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Head Gotohs

Looking for experience with these tuners. Back in the early 80's, many guitar companies were using these tuners. I've seen legit crownheads with the mounting holes out to the side 90 degrees(original San Dimas Charvel), mounting holes straight down(like pointyhead San Dimas Charvels), and even with the mounting holes out at a 45 degree angle. My criteria for calling them "legit" is that the bodies of the crown head tuners are slightly different from the current Gotoh's in that the shaft is about 1/8" longer on the real crownheads.

You guys that are more experts on this stuff, what have you seen as original equipment on San Dimas Charvels? Have you seen crownheads with the straight down or 45 degree angle tabs as original equipment?

If you've seen crownheads with the straight down tabs, were the shafts shorter like on all the black pointyhead tuners from 83-86?

Re: Crown Head Gotohs

Greg

Email me, I have been gathering info and will share...

Kevin

[email protected]
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I think your mailbox is full... or very unhappy

Comment

why dont you post the info here? a lot of us would like to know about this

Comment

I have been working a thread on Charvel Central regarding these parts, under the "informational" section.

When I get all the pictures set I will post here too...

[ May 25, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: 83SanDimas ]

Comment

Working...
          X